PDA

View Full Version : T2 Rings????

Forcefed
07-07-2010, 02:09 PM
What is everyone using for their piston rings on an 89 Common block 2.2 non bored T2 Engine? I'm running +40's, 3 bar and custom cal and want to be around 25psi on high boost setting. The past 2 builds I've had issues with my rings not seating and major blow by in just hundreds of miles.... I want to make sure this does not occur this build. My car has been down nearly 2 years and I'm just now getting around to building it and trying to get it back on the road. Brands and Part #'s would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

glhs727
07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I have used sealed power, hastings and perfect circle all with good results.

Force Fed Mopar
07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I have Hastings in mine, worked great. Wipe the bores down w/ ATF before installing.

turbovanmanČ
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I have used sealed power, hastings and perfect circle all with good results.

+2, :thumb:

Rings don't seat for a few reasons-crappy hone job, too much oil or letting it idle for too long after you get it running so on that note, get it running, check levels, set timing, go out and beat on it, I do like 20 wot runs from aprox 20-80 km/h then chop the gas to flood the rings, then don't baby it, keep driving it normally. I hook the wastegate up to manifold vacuum to limit boost to around 4-6 psi.

OmniLuvr
07-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I hook the wastegate up to manifold vacuum to limit boost to around 4-6 psi.

good tip

Forcefed
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all your guys information you've provided. I know to go with the chrome-moly and I was looking at the federal mogul sealed power but can't seem to find the part number for the set I'll need. Does anyone know it by chance?

turbovanmanČ
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks for all your guys information you've provided. I know to go with the chrome-moly and I was looking at the federal mogul sealed power but can't seem to find the part number for the set I'll need. Does anyone know it by chance?

E453-K is what you need.