PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-20 Thanks! Nice to see everyone!

BadAssPerformance
07-04-2010, 08:16 PM
After the longest week in history, I am finally catching up online and I would like to extend a great big THANK YOU! To SDAC front office - Barry, Craig and Greg! and an especially big THANK YOU! to the SV Chapter and all those locals who helped make this year another great event! :clap: :hail:

I also would like to say that it was great to see everyone! Seeing some folks I havn't seen in a while and meeting some new folks too! This is an awesome community that I am very glad to be apart of! :) :thumb:

dodgeshadowchik
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Agreed! It was funtimes, as always... despite the doubling up with Pinks and the long drive, which resulted in some zombified days. It was nice to see everyone and all the beautiful and fast cars!!

Pat
07-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Big thanks to all those involved in the planning...I had a great time as always!

fishcleaner
07-04-2010, 11:28 PM
same here, some amazing cars and cool people, I will have to make next year a couple day event.

contraption22
07-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Here here. Thanks for another great event by the SDAC group. And congratulations to all the attendees for another year of fresh and impressive cars.

mcsvt
07-04-2010, 11:36 PM
I had a great time! My 4th SDAC and I thought it was great! Maybe someday I'll actually race a T-M...

Thanks! :thumb:

86seeS
07-05-2010, 12:05 AM
also had a great time despite the car being a turd the whole week because of a clogged fuel pump!!!! already planning for next year!!!!

turbo2point2
07-05-2010, 09:57 AM
^ What they said +1. Thank you to Barry, Craig, and everyone involved with the planning of SDAC 20. The cars get more and more impressive each year:thumb:

tazaroo
07-05-2010, 10:08 AM
My wife and I enjoyed it as well despite the crazy video taping "incident". This was my first event even though I have had my spirit rt for 5 years now. We hope to get to go again next year. I know everyone wants the event in their own back yard but I do hope its not too far away from me next year to make it cost prohibitive for me to attend.

Hint, the South usually if more forgiving to antics. LOL

Mopar318
07-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Next year I wont have a TM but Im really trying to go. I really want to see the interiors all together in some of the cars Ive been doing. Is there a neon class for autocross?

mopar-tech
07-05-2010, 10:50 AM
^ What they said +1. Thank you to Barry, Craig, and everyone involved with the planning of SDAC 20. The cars get more and more impressive each year:thumb:

My first event since Chicago, great seeing everyone again.

Perhaps next year I'll be able to run a car =)

Gary Donovan

guyd_15
07-05-2010, 11:11 AM
It was great seeing old faces and meeting new people also.

Just wish I could've stayed, oh well someday I will be able to....

Guy

2.216VTurbo
07-05-2010, 01:13 PM
My wife and I enjoyed it as well despite the crazy video taping "incident". This was my first event even though I have had my spirit rt for 5 years now. We hope to get to go again next year. I know everyone wants the event in their own back yard but I do hope its not too far away from me next year to make it cost prohibitive for me to attend.

Hint, the South usually if more forgiving to antics. LOL

Kinda funny Mark that the 'quiet guy' was the one who almost got arrested that night:p Who knew that consent was needed to tape in MD:rolleyes:

Another SDAC, another bunch of good memories that I'll barely remember thru a smoky haze:partywoot:

Bozo
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
As I did in another thread, THANK YOU!! It was a lot of fun and like others, I wish my car had been more ready. And, SDAC 21 is already on my "ask-for-vacation-days" calendar for 2011!!! It really was great to meet a lot of the people I read here, and there are way too many I didn't get to meet.

I am already scheming and planning on the plans to make the Clown Car running properly next year and unless I get another between now and then, I hope to run it in as many events as possible.

Thanks again to all who planned this event and I have to agree with Mark (tazaroo), the south is much more forgiving and wouldn't it be freaking awesome to run 4 TM's wide down Z-Max Dragway?!?!

86seeS
07-05-2010, 02:50 PM
4 wide at z-max would be awesome!!!!

1FastCSX289
07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Good times indeed! Good seeing everyone. As always, im already looking forward to next year.

minigts
07-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I had a great time as well, just got back from a 2000+ mile trek from Memphis to Hagerstown to Detroit back to Memphis! Thanks to all and looking forward to 2011 SDAC 21!

Clay
07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Was great to see everyone again this year, always is!!

We finally got home about 2AM on Sunday, after staying in the area through Friday evening. Took in the sights in DC on Thursday, finally got my car back Thursday night. Checked out of the hotel on Friday morning then headed straight to Hershey Park (apparently via the Hershey Highway.......). Stayed there until they closed at 10PM then hit the road. Made it past the Penn Turn Pike and decided to crash for the night.......... but of course every hotel was booked....... so when we did find a room it was a smoking room for more than I paid at the Clarion. I swear to God they must burn cigarettes as air freshener, and use cigarette scented cleaner in the room. Ive NEVER in my life smelled so much cig smoke in one place. Oh well, it served its purpose.

Looking forward to next year as well. One good thing about SDAC is it always gets my car juices flowing. This last year Ive been in my car burnout funk, which seems to happen every few years. After SDAC Im ready to go again! :)

contraption22
07-06-2010, 02:33 PM
4 wide at z-max would be awesome!!!!

LOL the Quick 16 would only be 8 passes.

Aries_Turbo
07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
it was good to see everyone! cant wait for next year. gotta get the daytona finished up already. :)

brian

1FastCSX289
07-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Looking forward to next year as well. One good thing about SDAC is it always gets my car juices flowing. This last year Ive been in my car burnout funk, which seems to happen every few years. After SDAC Im ready to go again! :)

Yep....same here. I went out today to get some work done on the CSX.....got a bunch of little things knocked out and then drove it to autozone to get new plugs and some windshield washer fluid for the alky inj. Got back in the car and one of my nice braided steel AN lines running to the turbo broke spewing hot coolant all over the turbo and the firewall. :banghead:

.....I love these things. :thumb:

it was good to see everyone! cant wait for next year. gotta get the daytona finished up already. :)

brian

SDAC 2015!!! WOO HOO! :lol::lol: ;)

contraption22
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM

brian

You have a Daytona?

minigts
07-06-2010, 07:02 PM
You have a Daytona?

Exactly. I just thought he was there to live vicariously through Frank, Sean and Slasky calling everyone a gazer of some sorts to pass the time. ;)

1FastCSX289
07-06-2010, 11:21 PM
You have a Daytona?

Well.....Bucar owns it so its a GAYtona. :nod:

86seeS
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Well.....Bucar owns it so its a GAYtona. :nod:

GAYtona? must be one with the hidden headlight versions (they only come out at night) lol

Aries_Turbo
07-07-2010, 12:13 AM
fags......

i have an 87 pacifica with a 2.5L 8v in it. it runs and drives right now and is even on the road. but it has a leaky windshield (gotta pull and reseal), the fenders are off, i dont trust the one spark plug hole that i had to helicoil and some other odds and ends.

its no where near an unfinished project as franks penistona. :)

Brian

cordes
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped make SDAC 20 so great. Myself and Joy just got back into town this afternoon after stopping off in Detroit and then picking up our dog in Indy. What a great trip!

Aries_Turbo
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
sweet! how did the sweet exhaust leak daytona do for the return trip?

Brian

cordes
07-08-2010, 11:19 PM
sweet! how did the sweet exhaust leak daytona do for the return trip?

Brian

It was fantastic. Other than the timing belt we had no problems with it whatsoever. I'm very glad that we took it as I would have never been able to get the dog and all the parts I picked up in any of our other vehicles.

Aries_Turbo
07-09-2010, 08:52 AM
It was fantastic. Other than the timing belt we had no problems with it whatsoever. I'm very glad that we took it as I would have never been able to get the dog and all the parts I picked up in any of our other vehicles.

glad the car worked out for you. the exhaust leak had an interesting effect on the dog though ;)

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23689&stc=1&d=1278680136

Hehe

brian

cordes
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM
That was good. :p

Aries_Turbo
07-09-2010, 11:11 AM
hehehe :)

johnl
08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey - enjoyed reading the newsletter today. Well done. Made me wish I'd been there and I resolved to be there next year.

cordes
08-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey - enjoyed reading the newsletter today. Well done. Made me wish I'd been there and I resolved to be there next year.

That's great. I really enjoyed speaking with you at 18.