PDA

View Full Version : EGR from a T1 log car

85_600
06-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Anyone have one? It needs to be a known good one too.

Thanks!
Paul

Clay
06-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Why not get rid of the EGR all together??

Ive got an EGR valve you can have, Im assuming it worked. I just pulled all that crap off my GLHT, and its going in the trash eventually.

clay

85_600
06-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Why not get rid of the EGR all together??

Ive got an EGR valve you can have, Im assuming it worked. I just pulled all that crap off my GLHT, and its going in the trash eventually.

clay

For now I'm keeping the log and so. as far as I know I need the EGR as well.

Let me know what the shipping is on that and I'll Paypal you again for it.

Thanks,
Paul

beavis1313
06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I have an alumnum EGR blockoff

Clay
06-14-2006, 09:39 AM
I have an alumnum EGR blockoff

Yup thats all you need to get rid of the EGR. Just make (or buy) a block off plate for it, and plug the line that goes from the EGR to the SV.

Drop me a PM.

clay

beavis1313
06-14-2006, 09:47 AM
the one I have is about half an inch thick and has the gasket on it I have no use for it any more so if you want it how about $5

85_600
06-14-2006, 09:53 AM
What would this block off do for a T1 car that has the EGR and/or needs it? Since I have E-Check here I don't need a engine light on all the time. If it doesn't do that but maybe does something 'invisible' to the ECheck guys than I'm all for it. One less thing for me to worry about.

Thanks,
P

MiniMopar
06-14-2006, 10:20 AM
There won't be any light. The LM has no clue if the EGR is working or not. The only thing it can diagnose is the EGR solenoid itself. As long as you keep that hooked-up, you'll be fine. I doubt they know where to look for the EGR anyway.

butchsuppe
06-18-2006, 04:43 AM
There won't be any light. The LM has no clue if the EGR is working or not. The only thing it can diagnose is the EGR solenoid itself. As long as you keep that hooked-up, you'll be fine. I doubt they know where to look for the EGR anyway.
If they do smog test there like they do in Cal. you can bet your sweet a$$ they,ll know where to look for it!

85_600
06-18-2006, 09:14 PM
If they do smog test there like they do in Cal. you can bet your sweet a$$ they,ll know where to look for it!

All I've seen is a mirror on a stick, looking for a cat. I even had an exhaust leak and I passed with my Saturn :D

I'm going with the block off route from Beavis...I do have one question though. "IF" I can't get the SV portion off, to plug it up with an old O2 sensor, could I use some JB Weld and something like a piece of metal just small enough to fit in there, using the JB to hold it, or does that area get too hot for the JB?

Thanks,
Paul

Holley
06-19-2006, 12:24 PM
That end would get too hot ... I guess you could leave a bit of pipe on the end in case it wouldn't come off, and crimp / fold it to blank it off - but that would be hard to do on the car (!)

You can easily get to the other end with the TB removed though, so could crimp that end while you're seeing if there's any change in your problems, and lop the rest off later. If its anything like the one on my SC was, it'll not come off for love nor money though!

85_600
06-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the tips Holley :thumb: I was thinking it would be too hot but I just wanted to check...

I've got a post going on what to do here:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54061#post54061

and I've mentioned your idea about "crimping" the tube, so we'll see what others think about it.

I went searching on Ebay for a 2.2 short/long block and found that pic in my post. It's exactly what I needed to see everything I needed to know about where the EGR was exactly and that yes, like you said, remove the TB and it's right there. I think from looking at that pic, the other end shouldn't be too bad since it's right there by the DP.

All of this work is not happening until early July. I am doing a leak down test on Friday to see what's up with my OTHER problem(s) (90 psi in one cylinder - 120 and 125 in two others). I'm doing a poorman's version of it JUST to get an idea about how the head is doing. I don't want to get ready to replace rod bearings and one piston just to find out that the valves are bad as well. That I DON'T need :o

supercrackerbox
06-22-2006, 08:56 PM
If push comes to shove, I'll be doing a TII swap in my '86 over the weekend of the 4th, which will leave my EGR available. It's pretty high mileage, but the car runs just fine. It's yours for the cost of shipping.

85_600
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
If push comes to shove, I'll be doing a TII swap in my '86 over the weekend of the 4th, which will leave my EGR available. It's pretty high mileage, but the car runs just fine. It's yours for the cost of shipping.

Ahh, I already bought the blockoff plate. I'm just waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks for the offer!
Paul

supercrackerbox
06-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Sure thing!