PDA

View Full Version : Putting a Navigator into Minivan...

ShelGame
07-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Anyone ever done this? Any advice? Looking at the 50-way pinout for the van and Daytona, it looks like the van does NOT have the fuel signal wire (or speedo wire for that matter), but those cavities in the 50-way are blank. So, I assume I can take a pin/wire from the leftover TBI harness and add those 2 wires to the 50-way. Though, I'll still need to add them on the inside of the van I assume. What else needs to be hooked up to the Navigator connector? Anyone have a 2-button Nav pinout?

turbovanmanČ
07-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Subscribed.

Is this so you have MPG readouts, :D

Murphy
07-04-2010, 12:12 AM
the 2 button one goes to the com ports. I've tried installing it on my 95 spirit and I've had no luck so far, even though the wire colors match up

ShelGame
07-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Is this so you have MPG readouts, :D

Exactly...

I always forget to re-set the odo when I fill up to calculate it. So, I have no idea what my actual fuel economy is...

ShelGame
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyone ever put one of these in a van? Simon, didn't you say you saw a van in a j-yard with a Nav in it?

I think I'm going to hack up the lower console and put the nav in there. I don't smoke, I don't use cassettes anymore, and I don't need the extra cupholders.

Plus, it doesn't look like it will fit into the cubby above the radio. The nav is taller than the opening in the dash. I'd have to cut the dash or nav to fit it in there. Though, I would rather have it right there above the radio...

turbovanmanČ
07-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Anyone ever put one of these in a van? Simon, didn't you say you saw a van in a j-yard with a Nav in it?

I think I'm going to hack up the lower console and put the nav in there. I don't smoke, I don't use cassettes anymore, and I don't need the extra cupholders.

Plus, it doesn't look like it will fit into the cubby above the radio. The nav is taller than the opening in the dash. I'd have to cut the dash or nav to fit it in there. Though, I would rather have it right there above the radio...

I did, its up top in the overhead console but of course with it being dead, can't check it to see if it did MPG readouts. I think "JDAWG" says van's never had the MPG readout?

ShelGame
07-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I did, its up top in the overhead console but of course with it being dead, can't check it to see if it did MPG readouts. I think "JDAWG" says van's never had the MPG readout?

Ahh, makes sense. I've seen the overhead. It only has outside temp and compass.

OK, one of these days I'll get around to adding the wires to the 60-way and seeing if I can get it to work. I'll (try) to document it...

Dodge Aries K
07-20-2010, 02:40 AM
1st gen vans never had a MPG readout. The overhead console only did the compass and temperature.