PDA

View Full Version : 94 Shadow ES 2.4L 16v Build

cobra2411
07-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Being a lifelong car guy I was kidding myself to think that I could go to SDAC and NOT come back without wanting to get another project.

I was talking to Bill about his Shadow that's kinda for sale... If you're reading Bill I'm still interested and would love to have the car. My friend Joe (Firebaron90) had found a 94 Shadow on CL and as soon as we got back we went and looked at it.

It's a fairly clean car overall; rust free, but it's been hit in the front. The panels are all misaligned and the bumper is wrong for the car but there were no obvious signs of damage to the frame or anything like that. Dave Lucidi and "The" Ean Orsel where there and they couldn't find any damage either.

I went back and forth with the seller about it and he turned around and showed me his garage... With a giant table frame machine in it... So for $450 and some minor pulling if needed I've got a project car.

The engine is blown so I have no idea how it drives but it does have a 3.77 A523 in it; which is nice since I'm a 5spd kind of guy. I've got another project in the way so I may just swap in a junkyard TBI motor and drive it for a while as is.

So now onto the build. Since it's a 94 and because I've wanted to do a MegaSquirt system for some time that's the route I'm taking. While at SDAC I was talking to Alan who helped me decide that I really should skip the whole 8v stuff and go straight for a 16v setup. Since I don't have a 2.2/2.5 bottom to start with at the moment I think I'm just going to go for the whole 2.4 swap unless anyone can convince me that a hybrid would be better.

I've got a lot of searching and reading to do, but there are a few starter questions I have. Should I use the 3.77 gear trans I have with the car or go get a 3.50 gear trans. There were a couple in the yard that I found and next week is $50 trans week...

Next is about injectors. I think in pounds per hour, how do you convert that to CC's or vice-versa? Do I need lowZ injectors or will High Z's be ok? The reason I ask is that I need to know if I should update MS for low Z injectors.

TIA and I'll update this thread when I have more info...

David

Irocelectric93
07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Most people are going to tell you that the 2.4 swap is the better way to go anyway....I am also one of those people. You need to talk to DJ or turboshad on here. Hes got one of the sweetest cars ive ever seen....2.4 shadow MS...the works. As far as injectors how much power are you looking to generate? With MS you can go with either High Z or Low Z injectors....

cobra2411
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I was talking to DJ at SDAC and saw his car... I plan on copying... :) DJ, hope you don't mind. That is one very sweet car.

I want to run mid 12's at least, maybe 11's. I also want A/C and the ability to cruise the car long distances. As for power, 350hp or so at the wheels... Should get me in the ballpark. I'm thinking 50lb/hr injectors off the top of my head. Don't know what that is in CC's.

Stock MS can't do low Z, you need to wire in resistors... Or do what DJ did and add an extra board (http://www.jbperf.com/p&h_board/index.html). Want to know if it's worth it to do from the start.

Aries_Turbo
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
2.4L is the way to go for easy power. stock SRT-4 pistons if you plan on keeping the power below 500 chp and want it reliable. plus they are cheap.

injector.... at least 72lb/hr. highZ is fine if you can find 72's in highZ. at the torque peak, a 2.4L is going to want to guzzle fuel.

the 3.77 trans is a decent gearset. chunkier than a stock 3.50 gearset but not quite 568 gearset strength but still pretty beefy. if you can get trannies for 50$, grab all that you can. they are getting harder and harder to find. 3.77 gears with a 3.5FD would be pretty decent. taller than stock but not 3.5fd 568 gearset tall. reasonable for the money too.

if you want ac, i think you are going to have to leave the stock ecu in the car and wire the MS to just control the engine unless there is another way to do A/C without the ecu. i dont know the relationship between A/C and the stock ecu completely. all i know is that there is a pressure switch signal that goes to the ecu and a WOT cutout wire from the ecu to the A/C stuff.

good luck and have fun! :)

Brian

Nemesismachine
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken, but this just involves taking a 2.4 motor (head and block) and turboing it? New pistons and rods obviously. What about the crank?

cobra2411
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
MS has an A/C demand circuit and should be able to handle the A/C without the factory computer. Not sure of all the changes but cars had A/C long before computers so there should be some way to make it work.

I'm planning to change the pistons and rods, but the cranks supposedly hold up.

Any tips on quickly dropping trannies at the yard? I know where there are 2 A523's with 3.50 gears just waiting. And they're on sale for $50 next week...

Irocelectric93
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
With MS you can go with either style injector but High Z's work without any extra effort but the only problem is finding large high impedance injectors...they are out there though.

cobra2411
07-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Just ordered me one of these from I Love Taco Taco... :nod:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-DODGE-NEON-420A-DOHC-T3-T4-TURBO-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a52cc9a20QQitemZ25049 7243680QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

I'm also going to call a guy on a 99 Stratus with a blown trans for $600. That should get me most of what I need to get started.

Taco Taco... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k64w3354kE

thedon809
07-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Correct me if I am mistaken, but this just involves taking a 2.4 motor (head and block) and turboing it? New pistons and rods obviously. What about the crank?You don't need to change the crank. I'm pretty sure you need srt 4 rods, pistons, timing belt components, oil pump/pickup, pan.

Dusty_Duster
07-06-2010, 09:21 AM
You don't need to change the crank. I'm pretty sure you need srt 4 rods, pistons, timing belt components, oil pump/pickup, pan.

You don't have to use SRT-4 rods and pistons. Read DJ's thread.

cobra2411
07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
You can use T2 rods and custom pistons too...

I'm picking up the stratus tonight, so there's the engine and accessories...

thedon809
07-06-2010, 12:25 PM
You don't have to use SRT-4 rods and pistons. Read DJ's thread.why wouldnt you? They are cheap and can handle a good amount of power.

cobra2411
07-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I guess if you had T2 rods and planned on buying pistons. My plan is to use the SRT stuff. Anybody have a link for where do buy them or should I go to the dodge dealer?

turbovanmanČ
07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I guess if you had T2 rods and planned on buying pistons. My plan is to use the SRT stuff. Anybody have a link for where do buy them or should I go to the dodge dealer?

What are you looking for exactly?

thedon809
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM

http://www.modernperformance.com/mopar-pistonrod-0305-neon-p-1733.html

cobra2411
07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for. Now to see if I can use stock bore pistons...

And BTW, if anybody needs 99 Stratus parts I have some... :)

2.216VTurbo
07-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Moving right along Dave:thumb: You know SDAC 21 isn't for a whole YEAR right:lol: By the rate your collecting parts, you'll be doing shakedown runs in 2 months:clap:

cobra2411
07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I think I'm going to swap it in N/A just to see what it'll do. Power output is supposedly similar to a 2.5 Turbo 1 engine.

I do have an 89 Bronco project that I have to squeeze in before winter though, so I can't spend too much time on the Shadow yet...

cobra2411
07-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Well the 2.4 is out. Still need to split the trans off and send the rest to the yard but it's out. Thanks Ean and Joe...

Also while I was at it I did a compression test and got 195-200 across the board. :thumb:

glhs0426
07-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Since you are planning MS. I would suggest the p&h board (you already know), four wire IAC control (stock style), dual HEP pickups (to run Coil On Plug with stock cam/crank sensors), and if running C.O.P. a coil driver board (http://www.glensgarage.com/catalog/wire-idle-valve-coil-driver-board-p-80.html).

An excellent set of MS build instructions (http://mnneons.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156)for the 2.0/2.4. There are others, but I got a lot from the explanations in the text. I added pages/notes/diagrams/pinouts/p&h instructions/etc. to make my own manual.

It can be as easy or complicated as you want.

1FastCSX289
07-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for. Now to see if I can use stock bore pistons...

And BTW, if anybody needs 99 Stratus parts I have some... :)

Just a heads up......when I hauled my stratus motor apart, there were fairly large ridges at the top of the cylinders where the piston changes direction and the top ring wears. I thought I was screwed and that I would have to bore the block and buy forged, oversize pistons = $$$....or get a new block. After some measuring I realized the SRT pistons sit much lower in the cylinder and the rings will never make contact with the old ridge, so i just had the machine shop do a light hone and it worked out pretty well.

thedon809
07-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I think I'm going to swap it in N/A just to see what it'll do. Power output is supposedly similar to a 2.5 Turbo 1 engine.

I do have an 89 Bronco project that I have to squeeze in before winter though, so I can't spend too much time on the Shadow yet...Before you put it in the shadow, get cams from a neon 2.0. The stock 2.4 cams are horrendous.

cobra2411
07-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Before you put it in the shadow, get cams from a neon 2.0. The stock 2.4 cams are horrendous.

Already planning that. I wouldn't call the 2.4 cams horrendous; I've seen dyno's for both, but the 2.0 cams make improvements across the board with no losses. They're definitely on my list of things to get at the junk yard.

cobra2411
07-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Since you are planning MS. I would suggest the p&h board (you already know), four wire IAC control (stock style), dual HEP pickups (to run Coil On Plug with stock cam/crank sensors), and if running C.O.P. a coil driver board (http://www.glensgarage.com/catalog/wire-idle-valve-coil-driver-board-p-80.html).

An excellent set of MS build instructions (http://mnneons.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=156)for the 2.0/2.4. There are others, but I got a lot from the explanations in the text. I added pages/notes/diagrams/pinouts/p&h instructions/etc. to make my own manual.

It can be as easy or complicated as you want.

Thanks for the links; awesome info...

1FastCSX289
07-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Before you put it in the shadow, get cams from a neon 2.0. The stock 2.4 cams are horrendous.

WHy do you say they are horrendous? Im running stock 2.4 cams......I dont have the boost cranked yet, but the thing seems balls out fast so far.....

thedon809
07-11-2010, 04:55 PM
They are made for low rpm torque. 2.0 cams give you more hp pretty much throughout the whole powerband.

cobra2411
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
There's not a huge increase in HP, but they're a lot smoother looking. I'll have to look and see if I can find the dyno chart.

I wouldn't spend a ton of money on them, but if you're going to the junk yard... If you're going to spend any kind of money get some aftermarket cams.

Aries_Turbo
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
sean, there was a dohc neon at that jy in waterloo. i pulled the intake off of it.

Brian

1FastCSX289
07-11-2010, 11:18 PM
sean, there was a dohc neon at that jy in waterloo. i pulled the intake off of it.

Brian

I might snag them....I have to go out there soon to grab a VW knock sensor and maybe those seats for Frank if he still wants them.

Aries_Turbo
07-12-2010, 07:50 AM
he does still want those seats. he hoped youd have them for sdac. oh well. you might as well grab the head off of that car too as a spare for when you melt yours. :)

brian

1FastCSX289
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
he does still want those seats. he hoped youd have them for sdac. oh well. you might as well grab the head off of that car too as a spare for when you melt yours. :)

brian

I would have liked to get out there......its just the hour drive thing and scrambling the last week to get ready to go to SDAC and finish up with work stuff, etc, etc.

For 150 bucks, it might be wise to grab another engine......for WHEN I blow it up.

Aries_Turbo
07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
lemme know, i may join you if the timing is right. :) i need a 2.4L.

Brian

cobra2411
07-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Figured I'd update everyone who hasn't seen my post in the cars exchange section...

This build may become an 88 CSX-T 2.4 DOHC swap... The guy with the 94 is having issues locating the title... So if the CSX-T hasn't sold yet I may just take a few personal days and make a 1300 mile round trip...

Why did I go to SDAC?? I was almost cured...

Aries_Turbo
07-17-2010, 11:36 AM
the only cure is permanent poverty. :)

Brian

turbovanmanČ
07-17-2010, 04:17 PM
the only cure is permanent poverty. :)

Brian

True dat, :amen:

cobra2411
07-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Ok, updates.

The guy with the 94 got a duplicate title and I decided that as cool as the CSX-T would be, by the time I paid for gas, tolls, rooms, tow dolly rental etc it was quickly becoming not worth it.

I picked up some 2.0 cams and they're resting in the motor now. I didn't want them getting kicked around the shop so that's why I put them in. I still want to add some adjustable gears.

I'm buying a super 50 turbo off Bruce Bender; should be perfect for my goals...

I just ordered a Megasuirt 3 system from DIY autotune... They had been out of stock for a while and I was trying to decide if I should wait or get a MS2... Checked today and they had a limited supply in stock so that answered that question. :)

I got a neon intake as an option to the stratus intake. It's two piece and someone makes a plenum spacer for it... I plan on running the factory stuff first just to get the car going and then build a custom intake. I'll cut one or the other apart to build the custom intake with some 5" aluminum tubing.

I'm going to pick up the car tomorrow and bring it home. Then I'll get the old out and start mocking up the new stuff before taking it apart to swap pistons in the 2.4, take out the balance shafts, add the turbo, etc and clean everything up.

I also picked up a spare 523 at the yard. I'm going to mock up both transmissions and add the extra mount so I have two good cases. Then I'm going to rebuild one and add in an OBX.

I also plan on painting the car at some point in between... :)

1FastCSX289
07-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Im using a stock 2.0 DOHC intake right now as well. So far so good.......ive only got the car set at 10-12 PSI for tuning purposes, but it moves pretty good. I had the same idea in mind with building another intake at a later date.

....why is it that you went with the megasquirt as opposed to the factory electronics?

Dusty_Duster
07-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Im using a stock 2.0 DOHC intake right now as well. So far so good.......ive only got the car set at 10-12 PSI for tuning purposes, but it moves pretty good. I had the same idea in mind with building another intake at a later date.

....why is it that you went with the megasquirt as opposed to the factory electronics?

Can you even run a DOHC 2.4L with factory electronics?

Aries_Turbo
07-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Can you even run a DOHC 2.4L with factory electronics?

yes. rbryant makes an adapter to bolt the distributor to the intake cam on the 2.4 or 2.0L. he also mods the distributors as well to make it all work and even makes plug wires for the setup. all the rest is extending wires for the TPS, AIS, coolant temp sensor and some other odds and ends and hooking it up like a factory setup.

sean is running this setup on his car.

Brian

cobra2411
07-25-2010, 09:49 PM

I've been wanting to play with Megasquirt ever since I found out about it years ago in Hot Rod or Car Craft magazine. I just never had a project to use it on or if I did I didn't have the money or the time, etc. Additionally it's a 94 and factory turbo stuff isn't exactly growing on trees anymore. Given what I'd have to do to turbo the car with factory stuff it's just as easy to MegaSquirt it.

glhs0426
07-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Make sure as you build/set up the MS don't use EDIS. You can't run the two step mode or flat shift with EDIS. There is /Extra code to use factory cam and crank sensors. If you use both you can make full use of the MS3 features like COP and sequential injection.

Side note: The neons.org guys have been working on getting the 41TE/604 to work with the GPIO board using the MegaShift code. One .org member tested the trans last year using a PCS transmission controller. NO parts breakage and no clutch wear. The MS3 and MS2 will work with the MegaShift to enable things such as a transbrake and paddle shift.

cobra2411
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
The MS3 and MS2 will work with the MegaShift to enable things such as a transbrake and paddle shift.

Mmmmm Transbrake... http://www.cobra2411.com/img/homer_drooling.gif

May just have to get a 604 and upgrade after a while. I'm more of a manual trans guy, but playing around with the trans controls in Megasquirt (megashift) and using a trans that basically has been labeled as junk by the performance word... Sounds fun.

Got the car finally. Went to the yard and found some striped shadow script seats out of an 89 ES that were in good shape; I'll have to get pics. Got some of the parts for a Neon center console swap too...

It was hot as hell at the yard, then just as we get the car onto the trailer but not strapped the sky's opened up... We tried for a little to strap it up but decided to wait it out. Then it got cold and being wet, cold and trying to strap the car down in the rain was is no fun... Although I did get a kick out of what somebody did with the tails of the straps... Looked like a spider web... I usually just loop them up and bungee them...

Oh anybody want the wheels? I'll pay you to take them :eyebrows:

turboshad
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Looks like you are off to a good start. :clap: If you have any quesitons don't hesitate to ask.

I really think the people that ask this question have never tuned or ran a full stand alone. I guess I would have to say I've never used D-Cal, but from talking alot with Derek and wandering through the program a bit I don't even come close to regretting MS. There is definately merit when you have an 8V already wired for the system, but if you are starting from scratch then it's not a really big deal. Heck, even Derek saw the merit in something like MS and he wrote D-Cal.

contraption22
07-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Oh anybody want the wheels? I'll pay you to take them :eyebrows:

Post those wheels for sale on SRT Forums. Those kids will spooge all over those wheels. They are the ones that were on the original SRT-4 pre-production cars.

cobra2411
07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
They look close but I don't think they're the same. The ones I have are crappy quality at best... They were chromed at one point but now it's all flaked off and someone tried to paint them black...

Since they look like pre production SRT wheels I might just clean them up. Of course if someone else wants them I'll trade for a set of rollers... Can even be bald tires on steel wheels... Just as long as they more or less hold air.

turbovanmanČ
07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I really think the people that ask this question have never tuned or ran a full stand alone. I guess I would have to say I've never used D-Cal, but from talking alot with Derek and wandering through the program a bit I don't even come close to regretting MS. There is definately merit when you have an 8V already wired for the system, but if you are starting from scratch then it's not a really big deal. Heck, even Derek saw the merit in something like MS and he wrote D-Cal.

I wouldn't say that, we have no need to rewire a car/van to get standalone benefits and the stock stuff now is unreal.

True, maybe if I redid a car from top to bottom, I might consider running it or another version, :thumb:

turboshad
07-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't say that, we have no need to rewire a car/van to get standalone benefits and the stock stuff now is unreal.

True, maybe if I redid a car from top to bottom, I might consider running it or another version, :thumb:

Have you ever run a stand alone?

turbovanmanČ
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Have you ever run a stand alone?

No, no need too, don't see how that matters. I have alot of friends running standalone and for their apps, its just fine. Like I said, if I had to start from scratch, I might run it.

cobra2411
07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Well I went into this wanting to use Megasquirt so... Also being a 94 TBI it's not as simple to use the factory stuff...

Anyway I started to clean up the car and got a few more pics. I got pics of the interior and new seats I scored at the yard for $10... Also the engine and the crank case evacuation system that's installed. :p And the fugly looking wheels...

1FastCSX289
07-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Looks like you are off to a good start. :clap: If you have any quesitons don't hesitate to ask.

I ran an SDS system on my car for about two years. There were certain things that I really liked......the distributorless ignition, crank trigger, et. The ability to change your tune on the fly was probably the coolest thing about it. But the big downfall of that system was that I couldnt get the knock retard to work effectively. It was basically useless. I had the tune pretty good and it was detonation free (but very conservative) but I still melted the motor twice......one time the vac line melted on the waste gate, the other time my alcohol injection didnt kick on (due to my screw up). I think in both instances the motor would have survived with factory safeguards like overboost protection and knock retard.

Kimonoskunk
07-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey Dave,
I thoroughly enjoyed walking with you and Joe yesterday at the Yard. I'm STILL Speechless at the
Shadow scripted seats you scored, and I was gonna bolt them into my Voyager as you both weren't looking. Heheheh.

Your Cobra and Chevelle stories were a good listen as well, and BOTH You and Joe's IMMENSE knowledge of cars made me feel like a 2nd grader that was draggin his knuckles all this time. ^^

I am sorry I wasn't much a help, but I did what I could.

About the straps... I asked if Joe had any bungees to secure them, he said he only had one. So to try to keep the straps from flailing about, I did what I could to secure them inside the tire ramps. Sorry if they looked fugly, but no flappin at all. ^^

I wonder tho, how long did it take you to get back from Allentown? As I offered to bring you guys down to Pottstown area by using Route 100. I seen the traffic on the 476 Expressway and I winced.

Can't wait to see you guys again, mebee on the weekend. You MIGHT have to keep me tied to a tree due to my admiring your cars, and to keep the drool factor at bay.

Kimmyskunk

Aries_Turbo
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I ran an SDS system on my car for about two years. There were certain things that I really liked......the distributorless ignition, crank trigger, et. The ability to change your tune on the fly was probably the coolest thing about it. But the big downfall of that system was that I couldnt get the knock retard to work effectively. It was basically useless. I had the tune pretty good and it was detonation free (but very conservative) but I still melted the motor twice......one time the vac line melted on the waste gate, the other time my alcohol injection didnt kick on (due to my screw up). I think in both instances the motor would have survived with factory safeguards like overboost protection and knock retard.

+100.

the MS has overboost now i think and it does have Knock Retard but its not quite polished enough yet. MS hooked up to a turbosXS knock lite (via a simple circuit) is close though.

when frank, risen and i get our knock stuff done, it will be right there with stock style knock retard functionality for the MS and other standalones.

Brian

cobra2411
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, MS3 has overboost protection with spark, fuel or both cut... KS is a little weak from what I know so hey you can have it all. I hear traction control is in the works for MS3, that could be fun.

I guess that's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors... I'm trying to talk Firebaron90 into a 2.4 swap for his new Minivan using the factory computer and rbryant's dizzy mod...

And Joe it was nice meeting you and talking to you at the yard. It was also nice having an extra set of hands getting the seats out of the yard along with the tools...

No worries about the straps; I just had to figure out what you guys did. In the past I've used the one bungee to strap both tails up with no issues.

It did take awhile to get home though, I didn't realize how bad 476 was until we had passed the toll... So a last second decision to go North took us 20 miles out of the way. We did hit Sonic on the way back though, so that was good. There was a 40+ mile backup going south on 476; it was bumper to bumper, stop and go the whole way. Guess it was due to the storms.

firebaron90
07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey Joe had a good time nmetting you. Next time we'll have to take you to Harrys:

www.wegotused.com

It's HUGE.

Unfortunately, the prices there make you feel as described in the web domain to cite dave. Just to give you a FYI, I wont be driving the van for a little while. I got pulled over today for not having a PA inspection, luckily i know the officer from high school.:thumb: Got fix those back up lights.

Talk to you later. Joe

Aries_Turbo
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
KS is a little weak from what I know so hey you can have it all.

yeah knocksense isnt ideal... maybe for looking at knock at the torque peak and thats about it.

Brian

cobra2411
07-30-2010, 07:49 PM
I've started building Megasquirt III... I've build the power supply so far and it passed with flying colors! :dancingbana:

The garage is cleared out and the car is in ready to have the motor pulled and the 2.4 dropped in for mock up. I hope to get to that Sunday.

Edit: Comm works...

cobra2411
07-31-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

It's Alive!

I got the clock circuit finished and dropped the MS3 daughter board in, powered it up, connected my computer and was able to load the MS3 firmware onto it.

Now I just have to get the parts and figure out the Neon (420a) ignition input and output mods...

Kimonoskunk
08-01-2010, 08:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

It's Alive!

I got the clock circuit finished and dropped the MS3 daughter board in, powered it up, connected my computer and was able to load the MS3 firmware onto it.

Now I just have to get the parts and figure out the Neon (420a) ignition input and output mods...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GRQHsAVjI&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GRQHsAVjI&NR=1

:lol:

Kimmyskunk

Dusty_Duster
08-02-2010, 06:37 AM
If you sand-blasted those wheels and powdercoated them, they'd look pretty freaking sweet.

turbokid
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
If you sand-blasted those wheels and powdercoated them, they'd look pretty freaking sweet.

Agreed. I think they would look pretty awesome

cobra2411
08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Motor and trans are out, K frame is out, old motor is stripped and is loaded up for scrap... Sunday if all goes well I'm going to slide the 2.4 in for it's first mock up...

The the carnage of the 2.5 here...
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=696045#post696045

cobra2411
08-08-2010, 04:54 PM
K frame is cleaned up ready to be torn apart to have the seams welded.

The 2.4 is in although I obviously have the wrong body side mount on the passenger side as it's sitting about 2" high... Slid it in from the bottom and my conclusion is that if you don't have a lift it's probably a little easier to go in and out from the top.

Megasquirt is coming along. I have the Neon/420a input mods done and working. I did forget to set the ignition to 420a in the cal and had some issues reading it but once I corrected that it read fine. I was able to dial up what ever RPM I wanted with the JimStim. Coolant and IAT work. Once I finish the output section it'll be ready to run the car... Probably 2-3 hrs left.

The log manifold that I got isn't going to work.... The P/S pump is right in the way and once the motor was in the car the DP would be right next to the frame rail... Just not a good placement.

Dusty_Duster
08-08-2010, 07:28 PM
*AHEM*

:needpics1:

cobra2411
08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
What are you talking about, there are pics in this thread... Or at least in the threads I've liked to...

But here are some more crappy cell phone pics...

Megasquirt is done except for boost control. I'm not too worried as it will run the car as is. But lots to do till then...

I looked at the early mount and the perch is different. I'm just going to fab something up and with a little luck I'll get it done tomorrow.

I've got an OBX SRT4 header coming, seems to be the one to use...

cobra2411
08-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Paging Mr Clearance... Paging Mr Turbo Clearance... Please pickup the white courtesy phone... :p

Well the mounts are in, the OBX header is on and I've got NO clearance for the Super 50 T04E... Well not yet anyway... :evil: I'm going to start with a 10 ton porta-power ram and if not... Yup the good old BFH. If at first you don't succeed get a bigger hammer.

Front mount is coming along. I'm enjoying my new welder... I finally don't have to worry about borrowing a welder... I'm still getting a feel for it and I have the wrong wire for what I'm doing but it works good anyway.

I'm going for the stud mount on the motor ear. I've got to take the motor back out to clearance the firewall so I'll add the stud then and drill the hole in the mount. I'm also going to canibalize the old mount to get a nice curve to fill in the passenger side of the mount.

And I finally got pictures with a good camera!

cobra2411
08-22-2010, 08:21 PM
In addition to the two 523's I have I now have a 568 for the car.... :) Thanks Sgt Craig. You're van will live on...