PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

shackwrrr
06-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Right now my car needs injectors and a tune badly (after the new head). Well I have 2 choices, Either go the normal way or megasquirt it. As of now I have a fully built and tested ms2 that is set up to work with a TM. I built it myself for just the experience and wanted to convert my truck to fuel injection but now I am thinking of using it in my car. The only reason I dont like the idea of the MS is the lack of a good knock sensing system. I have the wiring harness and even the GM sensors for temp. On the other hand I could get a cal and injectors and have a seamless install with no troubles and has a superior knock system. I know I can tune the MS but I havent messed with any cals so I dont know how those are tuned. I am a novice tuner and knock is a possiblility but I have heard bad things about knocksense.

So point me in the right direction and give me some advice. I may be interested in trading the MS for a cal/3 bar/injectors for my car though.

turbovanmanČ
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Stick with stock and check the KC, the tuning process is covered with vids etc. If you get stuck, post up for help or call me, or whomever.

shackwrrr
06-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Ive read the stuff over and over. I wont fully understand it untill I do it. I have put my MS in the for sale section for trade. And hopefully I can get the injectors and will what I need in trade for the megasquirt. I had fun building it and I feel that I would have just as much fun building another.

Its still going back and forth through my head though. My favorite mod on the MS is the 2step/antilag and that isnt so easy with the stock computer (spark cut). But I plan on trying to make the N2MB WOT box work so I can have that.