PDA

View Full Version : Cracked fuel injector Nozzle

Twisted Noodle
06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Has anyone had any experience with cracking the business end of the fuel injector? I just bought some new o-rings because I had a few that were leaky and I found a couple (2) nozzle ends that are cracked.. You think they'll still work?

If not does anyone have a good set of stock injectors.. I knew I shouldn't have sold all my sh!t.. Now I want to keep the lancer and I sold all my perf parts... +40's an everything.. lol

86Shelby
06-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Check with your parts store. Most will stock a kit for that exact problem, my local O'Reillys has it listed as an o-ring kit. Figure about $5 per injector for the kit vs the $1 for only o-rings.

black86glhs
06-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Check with your parts store. Most will stock a kit for that exact problem, my local O'Reillys has it listed as an o-ring kit. Figure about $5 per injector for the kit vs the $1 for only o-rings.

He was refering to the plastic on the end of the injector cracking and breaking, not the O-rings. Find a place that cleans and rebuilds injectors and take them in to get the pieces fixed.

87csx50
06-29-2010, 02:08 AM
i had a set of the dsm blue top injectors flow tested and two of them had cracked or broken plastic tips, according to the injector shop it doesnt affect the injector in a bad way, all four injectors still pulsed fine at around 98%.

86Shelby
06-29-2010, 03:25 AM
He was refering to the plastic on the end of the injector cracking and breaking, not the O-rings. Find a place that cleans and rebuilds injectors and take them in to get the pieces fixed.

Thats exactly what I was talking about.

Beck-Arnley #158-0079 $3.66 from rockauto Plastic tip, spacer and o-rings. I know this set worked great on my TI wagon which has the later style injectors on it.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31RK526A3ZL._SL160_.jpg

My skull is pretty thick sometimes; are these the same tips we're talking about or different ones?

black86glhs
06-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Thats exactly what I was talking about.

Beck-Arnley #158-0079 $3.66 from rockauto Plastic tip, spacer and o-rings. I know this set worked great on my TI wagon which has the later style injectors on it.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31RK526A3ZL._SL160_.jpg

My skull is pretty thick sometimes; are these the same tips we're talking about or different ones?

OOOPs. Sorry, I thought you were just talking about the O-rings. :o
That kit would be nice to have, fo sho!:thumb:

Twisted Noodle
06-30-2010, 12:04 AM
thanks for the info guys.. appreciated.