PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 N/A and SRT-4 accessory year interchangeability ?

A.J.
06-26-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm in the process of building an SRT-4 engine for my van. I need to get this project moving along. I need to get all the accessories and brackets that bolt to the motor; alternator, power steering pump, a/c compressor plus things like timing covers and other misc furniture. I've found a '98 2.4 Stratus for $500 and a '99 2.4 Stratus for $400 on Craigslist. I need to know for sure that these years accessories and brackets will bolt up to my '03 SRT-4 PT block. I know the major change in the block came in 2001. I'm pretty sure they'll work but assumption is the mother of all f**k ups. Anybody who knows FOR SURE, please give me your input. I'd like to buy the whole car that way I have everything, plus a storage shed on wheels at my shop.

A.J.

spoolinhard
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
I am reasonably certain these will work. I have a spare 04 2.4 and a 97 2.4 and the brackets look the same. Certain enought that I would buy one but I guess that I am not FOR SURE!

A.J.
07-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks but I asked rbryant who's doing an SRT-4 swap in his Charger. I asked if a '98 2.4 would work and he said yes except for one a/c bracket bolt because of different oil pans. I found a '98 Plymouth Voyager with a 2.4. It has the auto tranny and all the accessories I need in one vehicle.

A.J.