PDA

View Full Version : cheap wrinkle black?

Murphy
06-13-2006, 01:26 AM
i waslooking for some black paint for my custom boost gauge install and all i could find was undercoating paint. I will get a pic tomoro but it looks like wrinkle black...i figure it might look good on a t1 VC.......

Tony Fields
06-13-2006, 06:04 AM
i waslooking for some black paint for my custom boost gauge install and all i could find was undercoating paint. I will get a pic tomoro but it looks like wrinkle black...i figure it might look good on a t1 VC.......

You need to find some "Seymour" HI-TECH Engine Coating
#16-2448 Black Wrinkle.

Just follow the directions and it works great.

Wink
06-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Or get Rust-Oleum's Hammered paint. That isn't quite a wrinkle look, but it's at least got a decent look about it.

TurboXT
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Krylon makes a good wrinkle paint too. i got mine at autozone, or maybe it was a checker....

either one should have it though.

cwilliiams
07-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Eastwood black wrinkle paint - works great.

Charlie

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=64543750&security=ALtOSc

TurboII
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Krylon makes a good wrinkle paint too. i got mine at autozone, or maybe it was a checker....

either one should have it though.

Old post but. I was reading up on that. Is that good for manifolds and valve covers

gkcooper
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a valve cover and two-piece manifold that was done back in the 2nd Clinton administration. They still look OK.

GLHNSLHT2
11-14-2008, 05:52 PM
DuPont Wrinkle Black powdercoat. The shop only charged me $100 to do my VC, Fuel Rail and Intake. Came out looking like stock. No messing with can's and having an un-even wrinkle coat.

turbovanmanČ
11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
VHT's crinkle paint, follow the directions and it works very well. Did my TIII stuff in red and it turned out pretty good.

GLHS592
11-14-2008, 09:48 PM
VHT's crinkle paint, follow the directions and it works very well. Did my TIII stuff in red and it turned out pretty good.

x2
I used it just like the can said and my valve cover turned out PERFECT. I'm going to redo my last valve cover with VHT.

I tried Krylon on my last valve cover due to the fact that it was the only brand I could find in this one horse town. I followed the instructions exactly. The texture looked odd. In one spot, the odd texture makes it look like a run in the paint.

compshadow
11-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Eastwood black wrinkle paint - works great.

Charlie

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=64543750&security=ALtOSc

AWESOME STUFF!!!!!!! I used it on my 71 roadrunner air cleaner.

TurboII
11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
x2
I used it just like the can said and my valve cover turned out PERFECT. I'm going to redo my last valve cover with VHT.

I tried Krylon on my last valve cover due to the fact that it was the only brand I could find in this one horse town. I followed the instructions exactly. The texture looked odd. In one spot, the odd texture makes it look like a run in the paint.

were do you get

GLHS592
11-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I think I got it at either Advance or Auto Zone. I'm going to look next time I go shopping.

joey ackerman
11-18-2008, 08:07 PM
You can use a can of chip guard after heating it up with hair dryer to get the grain your looking for and then paint it with a black laquer base paint. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post them. It will look good