PDA

View Full Version : Daytona trunk leaks?

cordes
06-19-2010, 06:22 PM
I just opened the trunk in our Daytona to find the spare tire well completely filled with water. Where does it come in at? Behind the headlights? Will a bead of caulk under the trim on top of the headlights do the job?

The spare tire well is gross beyond all belief right now, so I will be out cleaning it. :(

GLHNSLHT2
06-19-2010, 06:34 PM
yea the water comes in at the "headlights".

bakes
06-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Theres head lamps in the trunk?:confused:

Most of the time it comes in from between the tail lamps sealing foam and the body or the body seams are cracking

cordes
06-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Theres head lamps in the trunk?:confused:

Most of the time it comes in from between the tail lamps sealing foam and the body or the body seams are cracking

Thanks. I will try and pull those after dinner and see what the deal is. I got it all cleaned out, and boy was it full.

bakes
06-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Run a hose on it and watch were it comes in , you might have to pull back some trim to see it . Just dont go pulling thing off if they dont need to come off yet.

JDAWG
06-19-2010, 09:48 PM
mine leaked, it was where the glass sealed to the hatch, new used hatch solved it

tommyturbo
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
check the top of the hatch where wiring for rear wiper and deforster run though. if there are just plugs cause your car lacks the options check them. they leaked on one of mine. Also if you have rear wiper and the seal around the arm on the glass is bad that will leak too.

Force Fed Mopar
06-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Look in the upper corners of the hatch well, right behind the little short filler strips in the roof. The filler strips aren't known to leak, and the corner seam caulking in the hatch well (not sure what else to call it) right behind them usually cracks away from the body and leaks. It will run down the inside of the body behind the interior panels and end up under the rear floor carpet or in the hatch area.