PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Lancer #92 and #254 Restoration.

kuzman83
06-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Well I thought I would start this project thread now although I'm not going to work on these cars a lot. Currently SL 92 is my main squeeze, I just finished installing 88 Turbo Lancer wiring harness and electronics and I'm working out the bugs. Last night I got my intercooler pipes all hooked up and finally got the car running. I'm trying to get today off so I can finish the car and drive it.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/kuzman83/51.jpg?t=1276789354
This was just a mock up but its the general routing of the intercooler pipes. I have them perminantly installed now but my camera broke.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/kuzman83/52.jpg?t=1276789353
swapped out the shelby VC for a leak proof one piece aluminum VC

More pics and updates to come as I work on it more. #254 has a common block and 2.5 crank waiting for it as soon as 92 is finished so there will be plenty to update here soon.

shelbymonster
06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
nice lancer ! i think i have the same fmic , keep posting pictures !

kuzman83
07-11-2010, 12:52 AM
A lot has happened since i last posted, not like this update is largely anticipated or anything but i'll post my progress anyway. I got #92 running great with 88 electronics, no problems so far knock on wood. I have my interior mostly put back together with the exception of a radio. I went to the junk yard friday and bought the chrysler infinity system out of an lhs. I spent the last couple days making a harness to run from the head unit to the amp and back to the in-dash pigtails for the radio. That turned out nicely as I didnt have to hack into my existing harness. I put the amp in tonight and discovered that its blown, after about 30 seconds of moderate volume the amp got too hot to touch and started smoking, and yes my wiring is dead on as I had access to the LHS wiring diagrams. So later on this week I'm going back to the yard to exchange my amp. The install and harness were relatively simple, i'm surprised more people haven't done this in our cars. I also replaced my horns as they were nothing more than rust doughnuts in a plastic shell. The horns of choice came out of an 82 diplomat. I used to have one of those cars and the horns are loud as hell, makes for a pretty funny scene when you hear them coming from my lancer. More updates when i get my new amp.