PDA

View Full Version : Tragic news, we lost another friend

sdac guy
06-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Early this morning Nate Greer was killed in a single car accident. It happened about 2 miles from his home.

Nate was a long time GL and SDAC member. Some of you may recall his turbo Stratus at SDAC-16 in Topeka, and he had the Subaru STI on the road course at SDAC-18. I spoke with him a week or so ago and he was looking forward to attending SDAC-20.

I will post up more about it when I know more.

Barry

cordes
06-13-2010, 09:55 PM
This is sad news Barry. I remember him tearing around the course in that Subaru for sure.

Pat
06-13-2010, 10:19 PM
My condolences to his family. That's terrible. RIP Nate...

BadAssPerformance
06-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Definitely sad news :( Nate was a good guy and had some fun cars. I'll never forget his turbo'd purple Stratus he drove to SDAC, road raced, drag raced and in general beat the snot out of, and then drove it home!

black86glhs
06-14-2010, 12:19 AM
was Nate here on T-M?

BadAssPerformance
06-14-2010, 12:22 AM
was Nate here on T-M?

Not for a while

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?u=3399

bakes
06-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Sad to hear this ., my wishes go out to the family.

turbovanman²
06-14-2010, 12:48 AM
So sorry to hear, RIP.

dodgeshadowchik
06-14-2010, 04:38 AM
You have got to be kidding me!!!!! :( :mecry:

he was one of the funniest guys.... always up to something!

UGHHHHH. WTH. Seriously. :(

I'll always rememeber when we were being d-bags on woodward during sdac18 since we had the "imports". :D ....and the pretty scary ride in the subi on the road course!

this sucks.

RIP turbonater.. you'll be missed!

CaptMoe
06-14-2010, 09:41 AM
My condolences to those of you who knew him.
So sad and so young...

contraption22
06-14-2010, 09:46 AM
This is horrible news. My condolences.

Turbo3Iroc
06-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I met Nate at 14 or 15, he brought a Spirit R/T out. Seemed like we were always going somewhere in his car and it was always on the rev limiter. He was notorious about people wearing seat belts in his car.

Ran into him again at 18 with the Subaru on the road course, we didn't even recognize each other at first because both of us looked totally different.

Rest in peace my friend.

dodgeshadowchik
06-14-2010, 12:08 PM
From a local site:
Nate wrote

I try to live every day like it’s my last, and like it’s the last one for everyone I meet that day. Some day it will be, and who knows when that day will come. I think that people are the best thing about this world and they are the worst thing about this world. Wisdom = getting you --- kicked by life a lot, and learning that it hurts, why it hurts, and how to avoid it in the future. Doesn’t sound like fun but that’s how it works. I was never very empathetic when I was younger, but now I actually give to the poor(wait a minute sometimes that’s me, but I don’t ever get any help LOL). Most of the time I give my change from purchases to those bell ringers from the Salvation Army outside of stores during the holiday season (They stop ringing that damn bell and thank you when you do LMAO). I even give some from each paycheck to the United Way through a program we have at work. I guess I think, and hope, that some of that money is used for something good. I also help other people out a lot. Weather it’s fixing something on their car that they can’t afford to get fixed, lending them some money when I know they need it, or giving my time or money to some charity that really helps people in need. I never used to be this way, but that stuff I said about wisdom, it can change the way you think. The best things in life cost nothing but time and effort. There are free lunches in this world for those who need them, but they still have to get off there --- and go get them. I believe that anyone of average intelligence, given open opportunity, can accomplish anything that they believe they can. I’m a good person and my friends are good people. I define that as someone who does not intentionally hurt others who don’t deserve to be hurt. Some people do deserve to be hurt, 9/11 comes to mind and those who were responsible for it. Not just terrorists though, there are plenty of people in this country and around the world that do things to harm others (weather it be mentally, emotionally, physically or financially) even though these people have done nothing to harm them or anyone else. This is called injustice and unethical behavior. I wish the world was a better place, but that’s up to people to change themselves. I learned a long time ago that, no matter how hard you try, no matter how good your intentions, no matter how good the change could be for the other person, nobody can change anyone but themselves. That is why people who have a habit of unethical and unjust behavior deserve strong punishment. The Marines have a saying that sums it up, but I won’t go in to that here. I’m old fashioned. I believe in taking care of myself, and the world I live in. Liter disgusts me. I feel that if something is worth doing it’s worth doing my best. If I want to do something, and I’m not good at it, then it’s worth doing poorly till I gain the skill to do it well. That last sentence is a lost art these days in this world of instant gratification and reward. Some things are still worth working hard for. I believe I should pay for everything I have, before I get it if possible (Yes I have no credit cards, but I do have to make a house payment like all who are not independently wealthy). I believe kids should have there --- wooped by Mom and Dad when they disobey. I got it growing up and suffer no emotional harm because of it (yes at times I was a rotten little brat and deserved a spanking). It taught me the value of discipline. When it comes to your choices in life there are only two types of pain that result from them. The pain of discipline and the pain of regret. The pain of discipline weighs ounces, but the pain of regret weighs tons.

BF/STOCKER SPIRIT
06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Life can be unpredictble, mean ,and take you away, i hope everyone one here.
Lives life carefully wow!!
Rip, nate

blk86trbo
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that post MB, sounds like Nate really had a good head on his shoulders and a solid character...Condolences to his friends and family.

2.216VTurbo
06-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh man, that is tragic and sad to lose another young guy:(. Thanks for that post DSC, gives us a little insight for the folks that didn't know him:) Sounded like a pretty wise guy for a youngster.

Going by the 'rule of 3's' I sincerly hope this is the last TM community member we will lose hopefully (Josh, Bill, Nate):o

EDIT, Crap, forgot about 'other Josh' Jeremy's bro:(

BLUEBALL
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
RIP fellow car guy. Probalby bangin some heavenly gears right now

Directconnection
06-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for that post MB, sounds like Nate really had a good head on his shoulders and a solid character...Condolences to his friends and family.

Yeah, sounds like he was truly a good guy.... RIP

dodgeshadowchik
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
He truly was a good person. I've only got to see him a few times over the past few years since he's always working and pretty far away. But the times I did get to see him, it was always a blast. He'd call me out of the blue sometimes and just b.s. for hours.

The last time I saw him, he brought me a ton of shadow parts he didn't need anymore. I called him crazy for letting all those parts go; but he said he wanted to see them get used.

The SDAC 18 thing will always stick with me tho... when we were revving the hell out of the talon and subi right at a red light; then took off "normally" while yelling JDM TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTEEEE!!!

Gawd, he's gonna be missed.....

sdac guy
06-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for posting that MB. I told someone this morning that the last time I talked to Nate, he was his normal self, "going 100 mph while sitting still". He had two modes, full throttle and light braking. :lol: He didn't know the meaning of 9/10ths.

At SDAC-14 at Blackhawk Farms road course, Bill Gamalski let Nate drive his Omni for a session. Nate was winding the car too tight for Bill's pleasure and then backing it down from 7-8K in each gear on the decels. Bill was ready to wring Nate's neck. But they are both gone now ... what a shame, way to soon, way too young.

Barry

briceturbosports
06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
RIP you never know when its time to go

shroogis
06-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Nate will be missed dearly. We have been close friends for years, and I cannot stress how good of a person Nate was.

Here is the article:

http://www.wnem.com/news/23892788/detail.html

-Nate

shroogis
06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
http://www.obitmichigan.com/Obituary/2978/Nathan-Greer

dodgeshadowchik
06-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for posting that MB. I told someone this morning that the last time I talked to Nate, he was his normal self, "going 100 mph while sitting still". He had two modes, full throttle and light braking. :lol: He didn't know the meaning of 9/10ths.

At SDAC-14 at Blackhawk Farms road course, Bill Gamalski let Nate drive his Omni for a session. Nate was winding the car too tight for Bill's pleasure and then backing it down from 7-8K in each gear on the decels. Bill was ready to wring Nate's neck. But they are both gone now ... what a shame, way to soon, way too young.

Barry

HA! That describes him perfectly!!

it IS such a shame that both of them are gone now. :( .

Turbodave
06-14-2010, 03:37 PM
That is sad news. I remember being in the pits next to Nate at SDAC-16 when he was beating on the Stratus. I didn't know him that well, but what I remember was an enthusiastic guy that wouldn't give up. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Chris W
06-14-2010, 03:45 PM
It's sad to hear we have lost another T-M enthusiast. :( It certainly has been a bad year for T-M members, especially those in MI. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and friends.

Godspeed Nate.....

Chris-TU

dodgeshadowchik
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
^^ Yeah, no doubt!! And all single vehicle crashes to boot... :'(

for those who were at SDAC-18; here's the subi.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/dodgeshadowchik/SDAC-18/sdac_roadcourse388.jpg

shroogis
06-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you have any other photo's of Nate?

Here's a few:

Working on my neons exhaust in 2005:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/shroogis/8272dcbe.jpg

Autorama:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/msrugis/IMG_0015Medium.jpg

JamesL
06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I will always remember Nate fondly; Many conversations on the phone and lots of good times at SDAC. We will miss you Nate. God bless you and your family.

slowneon
06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
It saddens me to hear this news. Nate was a great guy. He would always lend a hand if needed. I didn't know him well but talked to him several times at SDAC or a few other times when he would just show up. RIP Turbonater We will miss you

sdac guy
06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I've received emails from Nate's brother and from his friends in the local car club he belonged to, Tri-City Evolution. Both request pictures of Nate and his cars to be used at his memorial service on Saturday. If you have pics of Nate or his cars, please send copies to admin@tcevolution.com

It appears Nate was just driving along on a local road at night and lost control as the car went into a curve. He was probably going very fast. What caused him to lose control we don't know. Nate's brother said he has visited the accident scene and there were no skid marks on the pavement from before he left the road.

Barry

dodgeshadowchik
06-16-2010, 09:38 AM
for him to loose control of a car just seems odd to me. he sure knew how to drive! i'd be willing to be something on the car broke. :( I'll go through the pics from 18 and see what I have.

dodgeshadowchik
06-16-2010, 09:48 AM
LOL i forgot about these!

The one time the subi got towed. :thumb: haha!

zstyle
06-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi, my name is Zach. I am a member of Tri-City Evolution and was a friend to Nate. All of your memories of Nate sound dead on. He seemed to have the same impact on everyone. He has helped me greatly over the years and has taught me so much. He had a wealth of information that was unmatched to nearly all. It is very unbelievable what happened to him like Mary Beth said, but it did and the world lost a great man that morning.

http://www.tcevolution.com/nuke/modules/Gallery/albums/userpics/10004/normal_IMG_0104.jpg
Nate, doing one of the things he loved. Shooting guns with my recently parted out 240sx in the back.

dodgeshadowchik
06-16-2010, 11:47 AM
He sure loved guns! :)

That is very true... he was always full of information. I remember him dissecting how the brakes work on the talon to try to figure out why it kept warping rotors. Always informative and always willing to lend a hand.

BadAssPerformance
06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi, my name is Zach. I am a member of Tri-City Evolution and was a friend to Nate. All of your memories of Nate sound dead on. He seemed to have the same impact on everyone. He has helped me greatly over the years and has taught me so much. He had a wealth of information that was unmatched to nearly all. It is very unbelievable what happened to him like Mary Beth said, but it did and the world lost a great man that morning.

http://www.tcevolution.com/nuke/modules/Gallery/albums/userpics/10004/normal_IMG_0104.jpg
Nate, doing one of the things he loved. Shooting guns with my recently parted out 240sx in the back.

Welcome to the forum Z... yeah, we lost a good guy :(

badandy
06-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Nate I didn't know you...and after taking a few moments out of my life to read about you...I've concluded that I wish I had.

RIP

mopar-tech
07-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Met Nate years ago at one of the SDAC events, might have been SDAC 4 or 5, I'll have to see if I have any photos.

At the time he had a turbo ES 4-dr Shadow, blue I think, was a great guy! Very sad to hear of his passing.

Gary D.

shroogis
08-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Met Nate years ago at one of the SDAC events, might have been SDAC 4 or 5, I'll have to see if I have any photos.

At the time he had a turbo ES 4-dr Shadow, blue I think, was a great guy! Very sad to hear of his passing.

Gary D.

Gary,

Yep, he had a Blue ES 4 door. The car was parted out and cut up for scrap metal a year or two ago.

I have been talking to Nates father, and I'm planning on picking up the "Dark Knight" from him. It was a 2002 Neon R/T with a built SOHC turbo motor in it. The car needs some work, but I plan on fixing it up and keeping a piece of Nate with me at all times, in the form of that car :)

Details need to be ironed out, but that's the plan. If anyone else is interested in taking over some of his projects, please PM me.

Nate

Special Ed
10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
:(Don't know who to ask, so I'll try you people. I have some of Nathan's hipo Dodge stuff. There are two engines on stands, that I think are Neon. They look fresh. There are also two new intercoolers, and many more parts. There is a Spirit SRT sedan, complete. If anyone is interested in making offers on these things, call me at 989 390 1559 Ed

BadAssPerformance
10-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Ed, welcome to the forum, sorry it was under these circumstances you found us. Check with SDAC Guy (Barry Goodall) he can possibly re-direct you.

sdac guy
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he called me a few weeks ago. The problem is, Nate lived 100 miles away from anybody. So folks willing to make the trip just to check out what is there are very few. I called one friend I have that is about 20 miles from Nate's and it turns out he is working double shifts and has no spare time.

Ed doesn't know much about what he is looking at as he is not an SD/TD/TM guy, so there is a communication problem with him describing items.

If the parts are now in Grayling that is even worse as that is almost 75 miles or so north of where Nate lived, about 160-175 from Detroit where most of the GL chapter guys are at.

Barry

Special Ed
10-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I am a friend of Nate's Dad, and trying to help him deal with this. My reasons for posting here are not monetary. There are things here that only turbo Dodge people could appreciate. I am an independent mechanic, I have a shop here in Grayling. I can post pics here. The problem with his engines, is there is no spec info. The Spirit R/T is a nice complete car, and will be sold running, soon as I have time to go through it. The black Neon 4 door is gone. The white Neon 2 door was in the process of being converted to RWD. It is gone. The Stratus is gone. There are 6 manual transaxles, one of them may be for the Spirit. There are boxes of engine parts and turbo plumbing. Flywheels and clutches. This guy was into so many different projects, it is mind boggling to go through his things. - Ed

BadAssPerformance
10-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, That was Nate, always doing something different to some different car!

Ed, thanks for helping out the family with all of this. When you get the R/T running, or want to sell any of the other stuff, please feel free to post it for sale in our classifieds section. If you have any questions on what stuff is, post up a new thread in the Lounge with pictures and I'm sure we can help identify the stuff.