PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out under boost?

smokinsrt
06-13-2010, 04:29 PM
My van has sometimes dies on start up and you have to hold the gas down to keep it running, a couple times its dies while idling in traffic, both instances just idles down till it quits. I put new plugs in it back in the spring, now of late when I go wot it spikes 25-26 pounds of boost and cuts out, as soon as it drops to 22 pounds it takes off like a jet. I hope to hook a wideband up this week to check my air fuels, but does anyone have any thoughts? Spark blowing out? My pressure regulator going bad? Or do I need to turn the pressure up? Just wanting some input before I do any investigating.

663csx-t
06-13-2010, 04:38 PM
may be turn the pressure up up (what it the fule pressure at now

smokinsrt
06-13-2010, 04:47 PM
may be turn the pressure up up (what it the fule pressure at now

Its been raining, so haven't fooled with it, I'm borrowing a gauge to put on it this week to check.

smokinsrt
06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Okay I went out for a little bit and messed with my plus, went from .028 to .035 ran worse, came home put them to .025 ran like before cutting out. Now the only difference is its trying to hold 25-26 pounds of boost, I'm not sure on the accuracey but my air fuel gauge reads rich. Plugs look decent their no white nor black. It was tuned on 22 pounds so am I running out of fuel and the gauge just isn't accurate? I know can't say much till I hook the wideband up.

cordes
06-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Could you provide some more details about your modifications? That is a lot of boost for not having a WBO2 in my eyes. You are more brave than I.

smokinsrt
06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Its an srt-4 swap in a voyager, on stock turbo, diff wastegate,boost controller, fuel pressure regualtor, built auto, chipped ecu. The van was tuned when ohiorob had it, he had his wideband on it, and up till now I've never had an issue. I don't race it, just occasionally lay into it. Its really hot and humid here, when I've messed with the plugs its made a difference so I ordered some colder plugs to put in it and will prolly put new wires on it also.

cordes
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
OK, I remember that van. I'm officially tapped out on the advice front though. Make sure to keep us updated.