PDA

View Full Version : Throttle issue

SebringLX
06-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Taking a reading from the ODBII port, at idle, and even with the engine off (but key on), it shows my throttle is at 16%.

When I push the gas pedal to where I first feel it stop, it reads ~50%. I can push past this point of I push really hard, but the max it will read is 78%.

I took the pipe off my TB, and the throttle is opening fully. I got my voltage meter out, it's reading ~0.6v with the throttle closed, 2.2-2.3v if I push the gas pedal to where I first feel it stop, and 3.6v if I push past that to where I was getting the 78% throttle reading through ODBII.

Stock my PCM thinks anything over 2.33v is WOT. So I don't get enough fuel unless I really mash the pedal down as hard as I can, which is really annoying. I can modify my tune so it thinks anything over 2v is WOT, however I don't feel like that's the right thing to do. That makes me feel like I'm trying to tune around a mechanical problem.

Is there some way I can try to adjust my gas pedal, throttle cable, or TPS sensor to fix this issue?

Speedeuphoria
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Just for reference my TPS reads ~1.10v closed and ~4.08v WOT(but my throttle screw is opened so it may go to around .6v if it were totally closed?)

The issue of the throttle stopping short and having to push very hard to get more out of it sounds like something is binding

BadAssPerformance
06-11-2010, 10:10 PM
For reference... On the FAST in the Z throttle goes from about 13% to 73% ... No need to calibrate it to zero or anything as long as the tables that use the TPS value are correct for the actual range.

On your Sebring, shouldnt anything less than WOT be "closed loop" and somehwat self tuning? I guess this depends on if its set up for a 1 bar N/A or at least a 2-bar MAP so it can account for boost? I could see it being lean if it tried to account for 0 vacuum and didnt know the boost was there?

SebringLX
06-12-2010, 11:07 AM
It's setup for 3BAR. I looked and in my old tune I had it set for anything over 2v was WOT. I started fresh after replacing my broken fuel pressure gauge, so it was back to 2.33v. I 0'd out my boost controller to just let the WGA go, which gives me only 10psi of boost... it wasn't going into open loop, so it was keeping it at stoich when it should have been at WOT. I was adding fuel and nothing was happening.

It seems to be more the gas pedal that is making it stop ~50% and not go to ~78%. Pedal seems kind of loose, kind of flops around. If I push on it from more the bottom of the pedal, I can get it to ~78%, but if I push more towards the top, it stop around 50%, and that's where I have to push harder to get it to go further. Pushing towards the top seems to be tipping the pedal in weird.

BadAssPerformance
06-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Cool sounds like you fgured out the WOT.

Yeah the pedals do that, they have a light spring to let it articulate to match the and a foot is coming at it...