PDA

View Full Version : SRT4 engine with NVT-350 trans-clutch fork loose?

turbovanmanČ
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Ok, this car has this awful noise from the bellhousing, sounds like a bad t/o bearing and its there regardless of clutch pedal position and it would come and go, more so off idle and just taking off from a start. Clutch was slipping so I just put a new clutch in, and found nothing wrong per say with the fork, t/o bearing or clutch fingers but the disc was toast hence the slipping. I am worried about the clutch fork, its really loose, loose enough you can move it around, is this normal?

BLUEBALL
06-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Uhh you sure you meant 350,not an 850? The TOB fork for the 850 has the hardness of cold butter and wear out pretty rapidly. Guessin that you felt the input shaft for play,flywheel for cracks(if still modular),etc. What clutch? You can usually jiggle the fork around also

turbovanmanČ
06-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Uhh you sure you meant 350,not an 850? The TOB fork for the 850 has the hardness of cold butter and wear out pretty rapidly. Guessin that you felt the input shaft for play,flywheel for cracks(if still modular),etc. What clutch? You can usually jiggle the fork around also

Nope, 350, its a regular Neon with an SRT swap.

Yep, everything has been checked for play/wear.

BLUEBALL
06-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Hope hes got a spare then. Theyre not really known to be that stout in the internals. Tone ring bolts for the crank sensor tight on the back of crank?

turbovanmanČ
06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Hope hes got a spare then. Theyre not really known to be that stout in the internals. Tone ring bolts for the crank sensor tight on the back of crank?

Not using it so its not there.

We know about the trans, he has had so much bad luck with this car its never ran to its potential, so the trans is never walked on.

turbovanmanČ
06-10-2010, 09:11 PM
All done, noise is still there but now, it won't do it with the clutch pedal depressed. Took it over to my trans shops friends and they were like, WTF is that noise? We figured its coming from inside the trans, not sure what but I'll find out next week. :o