PDA

View Full Version : Denver: At the track with Stephane and Wallace

powermaxx
06-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Just rolled in from a 3 day event ( for me :thumb: ) and I'm kinda toasted frome the sun and heat so this is short (vids and pics later on). Got to meet Stephane and Wallace , great guys. I also got some "SMP" oil on my hands for a little bit of help they needed ( "Here hold this..." :) ) I'll let others fill in the details but tranny overheating was a problem today.

This was my first NHRA event for my GLHS (I ran the ET fast bracket) but like before I found some extra power (in the second round) at the wrong time, even though I lifted I broke out by .010 seconds and had .015 RT. I'm getting a better handle on things and three days of racing helped :thumb: . It's running good, better on hot days (turn the fuel down???) and I seem to be running pretty consistant 12.7's with a few 12.6's when I hook. I also did the dyno thing at the track (it was free to registered racers) and pulled 369hp at the wheels!

Friday night in the Street Compact class I did get to the Semi Finals :thumb: . After I went out I visited the SMP crew for while (30 minutes or so) and my GLHS had no battery power! Stephane gave me a jump and I got back to my pit with the voltage gauge going nuts. Oh great, 11:00 at night and I have electrical problems in the race car. Turned out to be a shorted battery :D (that I can deal with). Thanks Stephane and Wallace (nice to break down with those kind of guys!)

It was a great weekend of racing, nothing broke (at least seriously), got a new best time, a new trophy, met Stephane (also his friend from Quebec, sorry I can't remember his name) and Wallace. I also had a several folks come up really liking the "Old School" car and amazed at how fast it is (remember the altitude guys:amen: )

Later............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

86Shelby
06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a good time! Nice to hear you had some success at the track and keep finding power with better tunes!

mcsvt
06-12-2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds like fun :thumb: Did you win high HP for the dyno contest? I know at the two events I went to you would have been pretty close to getting it with those numbers. And I have said it before but Stephane and his crew are great guys.

powermaxx
06-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Sounds like fun :thumb: Did you win high HP for the dyno contest? I know at the two events I went to you would have been pretty close to getting it with those numbers. And I have said it before but Stephane and his crew are great guys.

I thought I had a chance but no. Some Honda (Civic?) made 572hp. Not sure if they raced so don't know if it was just a dyno queen or what.

iTurbo
06-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Darn Steve, wish I could have been there. I'm up to my neck in TIII stuff at the moment though. Let me know if you plan to dyno again in the near future and I'll see if I can make it down there again with the Spirit R/T this time.

reject
06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I thought I had a chance but no. Some Honda (Civic?) made 572hp. Not sure if they raced so don't know if it was just a dyno queen or what.

So he had about 200 ft-lb at around 9k rpm? :evil:

LynX853
06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
So he had about 200 ft-lb at around 9k rpm? :evil:
:lol:

mock_glh
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
I seem to be running pretty consistant 12.7's with a few 12.6's when I hook. I also did the dyno thing at the track (it was free to registered racers) and pulled 369hp at the wheels!

I'm guessing that's "altitude corrected" horsepower. 12.6 seems a bit slow for that much power in an L-body (unless you're on street tires). I doubt that my Omni (2600 lbs) has any more than that and I've gone 11.9 at 2100 feet.

powermaxx
06-19-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing that's "altitude corrected" horsepower. 12.6 seems a bit slow for that much power in an L-body (unless you're on street tires). I doubt that my Omni (2600 lbs) has any more than that and I've gone 11.9 at 2100 feet.

Always altitude corrected!