PDA

View Full Version : Setting up T-SBEC....

inmyshadow
06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Alright, now that I'm getting fimilar with TSBEC. I have questions.

Last time I used two stage launch control, I got lots of wheel hop that shook my rear bumper free. The limiter was set to 2000RPM.

Looking over the current values, Do I set both RPMONSetpoint and RPMOFFSetpoint to the same value? Since I'm on the street, I was going to try the valve to 1500RPM.

Now if I disable launch control, does it also disable the anti-lag option? How do I got about disabling launch control? I don't have cruise control and currently use the A/C button to as a fan switch.

Then there is overboost cutout. I'm assuming TSBEC doesn't have it enabled. I usually enable to 22lbs of boost. I see two valves for overboost. Do I change either or both to 22lbs of boost?

Other then that, Its pretty easy setting up TSBEC to match my old cal. I've adjusted the on/off fan to take advantage of my thermostat. I lowered boost level for when the fan comes on. Should help those temp spikes I get when after WOT runs. I lowered the speed cutout to a more sane 140mph, its convertible so I want to be safe.

Tomorrow I'll compare my current cal's fuel/timing tables to TSBEC. Then make any changes for a road test.

Overall, I really like using MP tuner vs Dcal. Good job Guys.

ShelGame
06-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Alright, now that I'm getting fimilar with TSBEC. I have questions.

Last time I used two stage launch control, I got lots of wheel hop that shook my rear bumper free. The limiter was set to 2000RPM.

Looking over the current values, Do I set both RPMONSetpoint and RPMOFFSetpoint to the same value? Since I'm on the street, I was going to try the valve to 1500RPM.

You can. The intent was to give some hystersis. In that case, the 'off' setpoint is higher than the 'on'.

Now if I disable launch control, does it also disable the anti-lag option? How do I got about disabling launch control? I don't have cruise control and currently use the A/C button to as a fan switch.

Nope, anti-lag is separate. It works regardless of the 2-step.

Then there is overboost cutout. I'm assuming TSBEC doesn't have it enabled. I usually enable to 22lbs of boost. I see two valves for overboost. Do I change either or both to 22lbs of boost?

No, it's enabled. The templates are setup to be exactly like the stock cal, with a couple of exceptions. You'll have to raise the OB point yourself. It works the same as the 2-step - the 'off' is usually higher than the 'on', but they can be the same.

Other then that, Its pretty easy setting up TSBEC to match my old cal. I've adjusted the on/off fan to take advantage of my thermostat. I lowered boost level for when the fan comes on. Should help those temp spikes I get when after WOT runs. I lowered the speed cutout to a more sane 140mph, its convertible so I want to be safe.

Tomorrow I'll compare my current cal's fuel/timing tables to TSBEC. Then make any changes for a road test.

Overall, I really like using MP tuner vs Dcal. Good job Guys.

Let me know how it works for you...