PDA

View Full Version : Minivan conversion

firebaron90
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Hello all,

Have a question.... if you have a 89 N/A minivan, and want to turbo it, is it just a plug and play at the bulkhead connector for r turbo mini harness? Will other car harnesses fit? What about a v6 van, is that pretty much plug and play as well?

Joe

ShelGame
06-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I know for a fact the TBI van is plug-n-play to convert to turbo using a turbo van harness. Find my thread in the project log for more info.

I doubt you could use another vehicle, the van harness will be the longest of all the cars.

firebaron90
06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
ok so my donor van is a V-6. Anyone know if the turbo harness is a direct plug in? HAs anyone done this? Thanks for your input Rob. I read your log on your conversion. good stuff.

Vigo
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Im about to do it. I cant see how the v6 will be any less swappable considering itll have the same bulkhead connector and lighting and everything else as the tbi and turbo.

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Any first gen fuel injected van is plug and play and if you have a 90, you don't need to change the fuel pump.

firebaron90
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
The 89 would have the bulkhead style connector, and the 90 would have the rubber grommit on the firewall and plugs in under the dash. Ok, next question, anyone have a spare mini harness they would like to sell me....:) Also, there is no difference between engine computers? I know the mini van smec case is shorter. would i have to source a turbo mini computer?

Turbulence
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
The 89 would have the bulkhead style connector, and the 90 would have the rubber grommit on the firewall and plugs in under the dash. Ok, next question, anyone have a spare mini harness they would like to sell me....:)

Nope, the 90 mini also has a bulkhead connector. I have the harness (may not be complete) and sbec

Martin
89 Horizon

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2010, 07:20 PM
The 89 would have the bulkhead style connector, and the 90 would have the rubber grommit on the firewall and plugs in under the dash. Ok, next question, anyone have a spare mini harness they would like to sell me....:) Also, there is no difference between engine computers? I know the mini van smec case is shorter. would i have to source a turbo mini computer?

89 and 90 are the same, albeit 90's might have daytime running lights and a few different wires as its a SBEC and the 89 is a SMEC. Cases are identical in size. You also need the matching fuel injector harness as its different for each year.