PDA

View Full Version : hearing flasher clicking through speakers?

4 l-bodies
06-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Having a issue with my new to me 89 ES shadow. When the radio or CD tape player is on, I will hear clicking through the speakers when the turn signals are activated. Actually I think whenever any accessory is turned on it will do this. This happens with either factory Chrysler cassette or CD player, or when radio is in operation.
Figured it's probably a bad ground but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask the forum. There is some sort of factory radio suppression capacitor/choke device located behind the passenger kick panel. FSM shows illustration of it, but doesn't say anything about it that I could see. Any ideas?
I also have changed the flasher and the whole turn signal stalk (because I am adding cruise control). Noise was there before and after changes.
Todd

mark
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
possibly a ground loop

TheCanadian007
06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Definite ground issue, check the ground and connections on the radio!

4 l-bodies
06-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Definite ground issue, check the ground and connections on the radio!
Yeah that was the first thing I checked. Bugged me so much I changed out the cassette player for a Chrysler CD player when I stopped for the night before I got the car home. I'll have to trace the other end of the ground strap coming off the radio. I thought it grounded near the steering column on the p-bodies if memory serves me right. Thanks for your input.
Todd

CoolV300C
06-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Move to Florida. I think it is a law you cannot use turn signals here, so that should solve the problem.
:eyebrows:

4 l-bodies
06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
After removing dash to change out heater core, the problem is gone. Must have been a bad connection somewhere in the dash wiring. I also had to replace the antenna lead, which could have been a potentential issue too.
Todd