PDA

View Full Version : 04 pt gt-turbo performance and some boost problems

440dart
05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
so i just got a 04 pt cruizer gt turbo iam just wondering what i can do to make this thing run a little harder. Intake and exhaust is a given but what about maybe a boost bleed. When i first got it would just smoke the tires through 2nd gear but it was overboosting and pinging really bad but man i sure was fun to drive and what i mean by spinning thru 2nd iam talking all the way thru 2nd wraping out really fast. but see below why it was running really good

I was haveing problems if you let the car cool for awhile and then took it for a drive it would smoke the tires thru 2nd gear no prob but then after about 10min it wouldnt have any power later i found out after i got to looking at the wastegate it was sticking open i pulled the line off the wastgate and ping it slams back shut so there pressure holding it open i dont know if the silinoide is bad or what???? so what i did for now was i poked a bunch of holes in the rubber line so the wastegate would work somewhat rite seems fine but a little underpowerd from what it was

Keito
05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
http://4wheelonline.com/Diablosport_Predator_Dodge_HEMI_SRT8.98653.262014

Get this tuner with a 93 octane tune, call it good.

Absolute most bang for your buck.

glhs727
05-31-2010, 10:48 PM
We are a diablosport dealer, I'll give you a great deal on one! These car don;t respond well to boost bleeds, so the diablosport would be a better way to go, plus you can datalog.

The Pope
06-01-2010, 01:51 AM
I noticed after running Chevron 92 that the car was detonating. My PT GT has a SRT 4 boost gauge from the last owner and it bounces with anything less in the tank.

I have been looking at a stage 1 for the PT, what is the better choice? I do want to beef up the shifts a lot being an auto trans..

Keito
06-01-2010, 07:35 AM
I noticed after running Chevron 92 that the car was detonating. My PT GT has a SRT 4 boost gauge from the last owner and it bounces with anything less in the tank.

I have been looking at a stage 1 for the PT, what is the better choice? I do want to beef up the shifts a lot being an auto trans..

Diablosport can stiffen up shifts too.
The link I posted was advertised at $279 but thats without USB cables, their
$30 but you still get free shipping.
You need the cables to connect to your Laptop to update software and datalog.

440dart
06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Mine ping horribly if i hold it at 3/4 throttle, but its not running like it use to.

pope how does yours run, when i first got mine it would absoulutely just roast the tires thru second it would then catch and ping really bad. But now it just spins a little bit in first and nothing in second.Ive never riddin in a turbo pt before so i dont know how it should run.I would think it would run somewhere close to what a srt would since there pretty close in power, but this car would be lucky to beat my old v6 5spd shadow

DC Turismo
06-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Talk to Cindy, and get the following:

Stage 1 PCM
Diablosport Predator U7134

In addition, it'd be best to upgrade to a hi flo Walbro 255 fuel pump since you're upping the boost considerably.

Check out my Garage spot for my GT, I have every mod I've done listed and it has really woken up since I added such things as the 3" Needswings downpipe, hard intercooler pipes, and the 05+ intake manifold. I'd definitely suggest getting the Walbro though as well as a wideband to monitor air/fuel ratios.

Got pics?

Keito
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Talk to Cindy, and get the following:

Stage 1 PCM
Diablosport Predator U7134

In addition, it'd be best to upgrade to a hi flo Walbro 255 fuel pump since you're upping the boost considerably.

Check out my Garage spot for my GT, I have every mod I've done listed and it has really woken up since I added such things as the 3" Needswings downpipe, hard intercooler pipes, and the 05+ intake manifold. I'd definitely suggest getting the Walbro though as well as a wideband to monitor air/fuel ratios.

Got pics?

Why do you need need to get Stage 1 if your getting DSP?

DC Turismo
06-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Better starting platform (if you're just wanting to modify stock tune) as well as the fact that your GT already has Stage 1 injectors from the factory, it's an easy upgrade. For a while I was running a FM WGA on my Stage 1, spiking boost at 19 and holding 17 PSI all day, practically just like a DSP would do.

Also, it's a better option to fall back on if needing to remove 93 Octane tune. That's what I've heard from some individuals in PT land and read up on? I didn't hear about DSP's until this year and had been running Stage 1 since last May and if you don't want to go the DSP route right off the bat, Stage 1 is an excellent choice, as it definitely supplies some peppiness over the stock 220 hp! :eyebrows:

I stress the Stage 1 because I've been experiencing trouble installing this simple 93 octane tune, especially after reverting back to the stock wastegate. Had overboosting problems like crazy, and just tonight reinstalled the FM WGA but have to go back tomorrow and remove the intake, TB, and heat shield again in order to adjust the arm in some more. At least with the FM WGA it's not allowing it to overboost. I just hope this will allow me to finally see what the DSP can actually do. The v19 updated crom is supposed to be more geared towards the PT GT performance than the NSRT-4 unlike previous crom versions brought out in the last few months. What specifically, I can't remember, but I found the info somewhere in a discussion about it.

BTW, original poster, you can find unlocked DSP's on Craigslist and SRTForums for less than $250 shipped. You can get a Stage 1 PCM brand new for around the same price. Both are plug and play, with the Stage 1 being instant, no-need-to-be-tuned performance while the DSP allows for modifying of parameters for you to get the car right where you want it. It's completely up to you which direction you go, but for me, I'm about ready to stick with the Stage 1, readjust my WG to spike at 19 again, and sell this DSP since it's being such a headache.

I'd also highly, highly suggest getting a UEGO Wideband setup as well as a boost gauge to monitor things. I didn't have a Wideband prior to the start of this spring and looking back it probably should've been one of the first things I aquired.