PDA

View Full Version : Air temp sensor: does the position matter on a 2 piece intake?

Clay
06-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Right now the air temp sensor on my 2 piece intake (GLHT TII conversion) is on the back side. In an effort to not slice any wires (since the ones that connect to that sensor are way short), Ive thought about swapping that sensor and the front vacuum port.

anyone done this? any issues?

clay

MiniMopar
06-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Honestly, it's not that critical. For starters, that sensor's effect on fueling isn't much in the first place. Second, it tends to read the temp of the intake manifold more than the temp of the air inside, especially if you have an aftermarket brass one. I have the plastic one in the stock location and it pretty much tracks with the coolant temperature, even when it is cool out.

Moving it won't be a problem at all.

GLHNSLHT2
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
If I stop and let the car sit for 10 minutes or so it'll read the motor temp. Once I'm rolling at 30+ it cools off and reads the air temp. I have mine in the back there. I moved it there to make my vac lines shorter which made the car run 1 light richer under boost. So I run all my 2 pieces that way. Been that way for 4-5 years now. Haven't hurt anything yet.