PDA

View Full Version : 2.5L turbo I tuning

kwiksilver
05-29-2010, 10:47 AM
does anyone sell pre-packaged tuning for a 2.5L Turbo I with automatic trans?

most places I see only offer it for 2.2L turbo II cars.

I have a 89 lebaron GT, its mostly stock with a few improvements on a fresh rebuild and .040" pistons (manual boost controller at 10psi boost and 804 injectors). NOT a race car by any means, just looking to make it more responsive

turbovanmanČ
05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Shelgame- www.boostbutton.com, or TU or FWD offer anything you need.

kwiksilver
05-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Shelgame- www.boostbutton.com, or TU or FWD offer anything you need.

hmmm.... FWD only list the 2.2L turbo II on the website. maybe I need to e-mail them and see whats available

cordes
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
If you are going to be keeping those injectors in there why not just bump the boost up an lb. at a time while watching the scan tool for knock. You could probably run an extra couple lbs. Then up the timing a degree at a time and monitor for knock.

That is going to be about as much as you can get out of stock injectors without more expensive changes. I would talk to Rob though. His prices can't be beat.

kwiksilver
05-29-2010, 03:47 PM
ok... just looked at both TU and FWD sites, I am guessing the 2.2L/2.5L can be interchanged when ordering.

I will talk to Rob and see what he recommends.

Chris W
05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
ok... just looked at both TU and FWD sites, I am guessing the 2.2L/2.5L can be interchanged when ordering.

I will talk to Rob and see what he recommends.

Yes, we can provide you with a custom cal for your unique application. Send our cal technician an email at Paul@turbosunleashed.com so he can provide you with a spec sheet to fill out.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

kwiksilver
05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Excellent Chris... thanks for the input !