PDA

View Full Version : T3 timing belt gears

Turbo Joe
06-10-2006, 06:26 PM
can anyoneget some hi quality pics of the crank gear with a ruler or scale a 100th i prefer and pics of the oil shaft gear too with referance to measurement. these timing cogs or gears are not availible from anyone aftermarket or new and used is so limited supply that i'm making my own. thanks for the help and if anyone else is interested in some i'll get an estimate of what it cost me to make and you guys decide.
thanks again everyone.

Turbo Joe
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
no body has tooth counts or measuments? come on people, i need help on this..please???

forcedfedmopar
06-11-2006, 09:37 PM
if you asked a week or 2 ago when i had mine apart i would have been more than willing, sorry man, good luck

Turbo Joe
07-03-2006, 01:00 AM
I now have in my possetion a complete T3 timing sprocket set!! WooHoo!
now to see how much it'll cost to have'm done in 6061 T6 billit aluminum.
maybe I'll made the intermediate sprocket a little larger so at 8-9000 rpm's i won't foam the oil as easy? or cavitate the pump? maybe chromemoly for material instead?

HellaFastRT
07-05-2006, 04:23 PM
The cam sensor can't read an aluminum cam gear. But I suppose the exhaust gear could be aluminum.

Millerman340
07-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Make a aluminum gear with a steel ring to trigger the pickup:nod:

Directconnection
07-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I now have in my possetion a complete T3 timing sprocket set!! WooHoo!
now to see how much it'll cost to have'm done in 6061 T6 billit aluminum.
maybe I'll made the intermediate sprocket a little larger so at 8-9000 rpm's i won't foam the oil as easy? or cavitate the pump? maybe chromemoly for material instead?

If you have someone make them, then be prepearred to pay. If you make them, then be preppared to try and find the actual cutter. They are a well kept industry secret it seems when it comes to timing belt cutters like the SOHC and T-III gears. You can buy the T-III pulley stock, but usually in long lengths as the T-III profile eapeared to be a more popular style.

Turbo Joe
07-07-2006, 07:37 PM
i can have a cutter made no prob. one of the guys from work used to make custom endmills and various tooling. he showed me a .0015 endmill 4 flute he made. wow this guy is good!he can make me the cutter i need no prob. but the question i have is, should i use t6 billit alum. or 4130 chrome moly? or 4340 chrome moly?