PDA

View Full Version : 89 Horizon to T1...sort of

Turbulence
06-10-2006, 01:54 AM
I'm thinking of turboing the 89 2.2 n/a in my 89 Horizon until I can affort to rebuild the 2.5 out of my van (rip), and I have a few questions.

The head on the Hor at the moment is a swirl I believe. What would the compression be if I put a G head on it?

My thinking is put the G head/intake/exhaust/garret from my 2.5 on the 2.2 and keep boost in the single digits. Keep stock exhaust system as well.

This would also necessitate a oil drain back in the oil pan.

I would use the wiring/electronics from the van which of course was a 2.5. Would it suffice to use an AFPR and turn down the fuel pressure to make up for the difference 2.5 to 2.2? I have a walbro 255 waiting to go into the tank.

The other question I have is about the coolant return line. Would it work to plumb it into a heater hose, rather than have to drill and tap the block?

Thanks all for your input,

Martin
89 Horizon

Turbulence
06-10-2006, 03:11 PM
anyone?

shelbyplaya
06-11-2006, 02:22 AM
better off to just use a turbo block, it's alredy got the coolent and oil returns on it. dont waste your time with the N/A blocks. you'll be much happier with starting off with a turbo block....

if thats what your asking

TurbododgePirate
06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I think this is totally in the wrong section.

89acclaim
06-14-2006, 01:47 PM
You could always swap 84-85 pistons and rods with the G head into it. Then use a 88 K-car turbo harness and a 88 T1 smec or a socketed one.

Daniel Merrill

Turbulence
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I think this is totally in the wrong section.

The description of this section was the best fit I could find:

"This section covers all kinds of engine swaps between years, models, etc. It even includes the infamous head swaps between the 2.2/2.5 Block and Neon Head!"

You could always swap 84-85 pistons and rods with the G head into it. Then use a 88 K-car turbo harness and a 88 T1 smec or a socketed one.

I have been thinking of swapping in a used set of TII pistons. The whole idea though is to use what I have and not go shopping for more, which I cannot afford at the moment. When I can afford it I will rebuild the 2.5 and put it and the G head in the Hor.

Martin
89 Horizon