PDA

View Full Version : LeBaron GTC Decals

Polygon
05-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Everyone with a GTC knows that you can't get the door moldings or the trunk decals anymore. I've tried to get Positive Impressions to remake these and they're not interested. Well, I've found a local shop that will remake them for us. I've already had them do the decals that go on the door moldings.

So, I want to know how many people are interested in these and how much you would be willing to pay for a set. By set, I'm talking about two door decals (one for each side) that say "Turbo GTC" one "Chrysler" and one "LeBaron GTC" decal for the trunk. That's a total of four decals. Below is a picture of the reproduction door moldings.

http://www.synapsepc.com/Hosting/CarDomain/GTC/Images/Page%203/Molding.jpg

Let me know if you're interested by posting and voting in the poll.

neongary
05-18-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd like to see a complete set of door and fender moldings without any lettering...for those non-GTC Lebarons.

Polygon
05-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, I have no idea how we can redo the moldings or anyone that would do that. The moldings between the GTC and the non GTC LeBarons are the same. The difference is paint.

Polygon
05-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Hmm.... Not much interest, I'm surprised. Well, at least someone voted I guess.

LaserXT1986
05-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Everyone with a GTC knows that you can't get the door moldings or the trunk decals anymore. I've tried to get Positive Impressions to remake these and they're not interested. Well, I've found a local shop that will remake them for us. I've already had them do the decals that go on the door moldings.

So, I want to know how many people are interested in these and how much you would be willing to pay for a set. By set, I'm talking about two door decals (one for each side) that say "Turbo GTC" one "Chrysler" and one "LeBaron GTC" decal for the trunk. That's a total of four decals. Below is a picture of the reproduction door moldings.

Wow...so I guess you forgot about this thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34743

And this comment you made to me about keeping it in the community?

Hey, I would rather keep this in the community. I thought that Positive Impressions were the only vendors re-popping decals. They pretty much told me it wasn't worth time right now, maybe later.

Well, I'm getting my car back soon. I don't have time to wait until later and I'll be using these OEM decals soon.

So, pretty much here's the deal. All LeBaron GTC trunk decals have been discontinued and you can't find them anywhere except maybe on eBay and sellers are asking $100 for them, ridiculous. Now, I have a set for a 1989 GTC ready to go on my car and I was offering to have them redone for the members I have found that really want them but can't get them.

Would you be interested in taking it on? If so, what would you need from me? Also, what can we do to get the later style 1992+ redone as well?

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

Polygon
05-19-2010, 12:55 AM
No, I didn't forget. The problem is that I'm going to have to take my car to him to get the decals pictured. I also considered the fact that he has already done the doors, not really by my choice, but by the shop that painted the car.

The other problem is that, as you can see, nobody is interested and I can only guess that a few people will be to be honest. I'm not going to sell them to make money. I'm not sure what he will charge to have them done but all I will charge is what he charges me.

A least to the four people that will want them.

bakes
05-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Hell ya but mine has a different color to them have to get a pic to show ya

LaserXT1986
05-19-2010, 01:17 AM
No, I didn't forget. The problem is that I'm going to have to take my car to him to get the decals pictured. I also considered the fact that he has already done the doors, not really by my choice, but by the shop that painted the car.

Well I guess I took it that way when you said:

I've tried to get Positive Impressions to remake these and they're not interested.

Considering the first time this thread appeared, you stated back then that "They pretty much told me it wasn't worth time right now, maybe later." So I took this as you asked them a second time. If I misunderstood, I apologize. Then you said:

Well, I've found a local shop that will remake them for us. I've already had them do the decals that go on the door moldings.

So when you said you "found a local shop", again, it seemed like you forgot about the original thread. Again, if I misunderstood, I apologize.

I don't mind that I didn't do them, it just would like if the vendor on TM gets a "crack" at such items (because in the end, I could offer this to everyone, and usually the one who supplies me with the master(s) wouldn't pay for their set).

If I'm too high, so be it. But a chance to compete apples for apples would be nice, esp. since the previous thread left off in that direction....

Polygon
05-19-2010, 01:18 AM

Well, being a 94' I assume they're gold and the newer font style?

Well I guess I took it that way when you said:

Considering the first time this thread appeared, you stated back then that "They pretty much told me it wasn't worth time right now, maybe later." So I took this as you asked them a second time. If I misunderstood, I apologize. Then you said:

So when you said you "found a local shop", again, it seemed like you forgot about the original thread. Again, if I misunderstood, I apologize.

I don't mind that I didn't do them, it just would like if the vendor on TM gets a "crack" at such items (because in the end, I could offer this to everyone, and usually the one who supplies me with the master(s) wouldn't pay for their set).

If I'm too high, so be it. But a chance to compete apples for apples would be nice, esp. since the previous thread left off in that direction....

Yeah, I wasn't going to bother with PI again. If it's not Shelby he's not interested. I'm not interested if he's using Avery either. I'm all for keeping it in the community as well. What would suggest to reproduce them as I don't have the master set loose anymore, they're on the car. That's the only reason I went with the local guy. However, I haven't really done anything with him yet beyond the door molding decals.

What could we do at this point to have you do them?

LaserXT1986
05-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Yeah, I wasn't going to bother with PI again. If it's not Shelby he's not interested. I'm not interested if he's using Avery either. I'm all for keeping it in the community as well. What would suggest to reproduce them as I don't have the master set loose anymore, they're on the car. That's the only reason I went with the local guy. However, I haven't really done anything with him yet beyond the door molding decals.

What could we do at this point to have you do them?

Email me @ LaserXT1986@aol.com and we'll see what we can do :thumb:

rich tideswell
05-19-2010, 01:57 PM
does mopar still have these decals just in a different color?? I'm sure dave doesn't care about color so long as he has a master set to make his from.

Polygon
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM

Sadly, no. They don't have them in any shape or form.

J&H Ryan
05-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Whatever you guys come up with, I'd be interested. Like Red Green said: "Just remember, we're all in this together"

In the mean time, I might have fun just making up some font and having my friend make some with his lousy $1500 cutter for fun.

Mr. P Body
06-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I would be interested for sure for my 89 if they are reasonably priced .