PDA

View Full Version : This is probably a silly question but....

Bozo
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
This will be my first SDAC and I am looking forward to it! I have a question though regarding the events; where will Sunday's car show be held? At the hotel? I have looked over the threads in this section and must be missing it. Also, due to my travel with work, I get a better rate at Holiday Inn's so I will be staying about 15 minutes away from the Clarion.

If the answer to my question is somewhere in another thread, I apologize but would someone let me know?

Thanks!

sdac guy
05-18-2010, 06:49 PM
The car show will be held on the grounds of a local museum. We will have directions and maps both on our website and in the next Up Front issue due out the first week of June.

Barry

speeddemon
05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
While my opinion is slightly biased - the amount of money you save per night is peanuts compared to hanging around the host hotel until you can't stay awake any more. Then the added bonus of seeing the remains the next morning. 15 minutes will seem like a long drive 'home' at the end of a long SDAC day.

BadAssPerformance
05-18-2010, 07:24 PM
While my opinion is slightly biased - the amount of money you save per night is peanuts compared to hanging around the host hotel until you can't stay awake any more. Then the added bonus of seeing the remains the next morning. 15 minutes will seem like a long drive 'home' at the end of a long SDAC day.

:amen: Made my room resevation at the Host Hotel Clarion today!

LaserXT1986
05-18-2010, 08:30 PM

+2!! Most of the memories of SDAC are made in the parking lots! Besides, where else can you see a cop pose with Brian Slowe & Mike Marra, holding beers? (and yes, I should have copyrighted this picture because many have taken credit for it -- when I was the one who got the cop to pose! :hail:

Bozo
05-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I understand what you're saying about the "drive home" but I should clarify; that should read "FREE". Using my hotel points!!

Bozo
05-18-2010, 08:38 PM
AND, thanks Barry!! :thumb:

JDAWG
05-18-2010, 10:39 PM
well dont F around cause to get to that hotel you have to drive right thru downtown and past the police station

also when did hagerstown get a museum?

t3rse
05-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Stay with the guys (and gals). The money you spend will be well worth it.

Keito
05-19-2010, 07:28 AM
+2!! Most of the memories of SDAC are made in the parking lots! Besides, where else can you see a cop pose with Brian Slowe & Mike Marra, holding beers? (and yes, I should have copyrighted this picture because many have taken credit for it -- when I was the one who got the cop to pose! :hail:

WTF @ that pic.
As Mike pounds one!

sdac guy
05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
also when did hagerstown get a museum?I didn't say it was in Hagerstown :D

Barry

LaserXT1986
05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
WTF @ that pic.
As Mike pounds one!

If memory serves correctly, that cop had come by several times to ask us to stop the burnouts, as there was a wedding party at the hotel, who complained. He was one of those cops that tried to be firm, but really thought it was BS that he had to come there in the first place. By the 3rd time he came that night, he had started to get "angry" and threatened tickets, tow trucks, and/or similar type things.

Someone dared me to pull a "LucidiCorp™" (an old inside joke amongst us DV-SDAC guys how I used to always get my way through monetary influence) and try to "convince" him to leave us alone. (normally this would involve some money but I wouldn't dare do it with a cop).

So, I figured, eh, what the hell, lemme try to talk to him since I can't buy him off. As I did, he actually mentioned he likes the TD cars and his shift ended at 11, prompting me to take that as a "I'll be back, off duty". He then confirmed this feeling by saying "the next shift won't be as 'acceptable' as I am". The cop was pretty cool, all seemed well. But next thing I know here comes Brian Slowe, drinking a beer and walking right in front of the cop, raising his bottle like a salute. The cop, stunned, stopped talking to me to approach Brian (And I feared something bad may happen, the whole "open container" thing). So I distracted him by saying something like "Hey officer, get your picture with the infamous Brian Slowe" or something like that. The cop started to laugh, and as I pulled out the camera, next thing I know Marra comes running over to get in the picture, while in mid-chug:D After that, not only did that cop leave us alone, but the rest of the time we were there the cops didn't bother us.

And that, in my humble opinion, is why I would suggest staying at the host hotel during SDAC....how often can you tell/be a part of a story like that? :thumb:

22shelby
05-19-2010, 12:32 PM
^^^ official SDAC Police "schmuzer"..... im sticking by ur side ....haha

minigts
05-19-2010, 12:46 PM
I understand what you're saying about the "drive home" but I should clarify; that should read "FREE". Using my hotel points!!

Man you should stay at the host hotel with us. You'll be there so late, it won't make sense to go to the Holiday Inn. And more to the point, it would be good for everyone who can stay at the hotel to book rooms so they fill up.

Someone post a picture of the antics last year with the po-po, Alan and a decal. :eyebrows:

Reeves
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
:amen: Made my room resevation at the Host Hotel Clarion today!

Me 2! Last night!

I too could use hotel points to stay in numerous other hotel chains, but choose to stay in the host hotel to help SDAC book the rooms that are alloted to us, and for all the shananigans that go on in the hotel parking lot!!! Some of the best times happen right there!

22shelby
05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Me 2! Last night!

I too could use hotel points to stay in numerous other hotel chains, but choose to stay in the host hotel to help SDAC book the rooms that are alloted to us, and for all the shananigans that go on in the hotel parking lot!!! Some of the best times happen right there!

it will be the place to be, why u ask??? cause ill be there this year, and im a fun guy!!!!!:thumb:

Bozo
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Me 2! Last night!

OK, it does make more sense and this reply is the one that pushed me to change to the Clarion. I look forward to meeting you guys. See you in 5 weeks!

slasky
05-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Someone post a picture of the antics last year with the po-po, Alan and a decal. :eyebrows:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3595/3670929532_7d189d74c9.jpg?v=0

cordes
05-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm a bit of a night owl, and I doubt I could drive to another hotel at the end of the "day". I don't drink either...

30 PSI SHADOW
05-24-2010, 02:26 PM
parking lot antics??? no, its quite peaceful out there in the weee hours....

cordes
05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
parking lot antics??? no, its quite peaceful out there in the weee hours....

And that pic is pretty mild...

fleckster
06-01-2010, 11:44 AM
...and for all the shananigans that go on...

Alright, the next person that says "shananigans" is getting pistol whipped! :whip:

Reeves
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey BADANDY, what was the name of that restaurant you like with all the crazy sh*t on the walls????