PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Dodge Omni--clutch

skitzo_inc
05-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm going to be putting a clutch in my newly aquired Omni, but have a few questions and/or insight needed.

The clutch is from a 86+ 525, which I believe is the same transmission that my Omni has. I know that the flywheel is going from an 8 to a 6 bolt, but I don't know what parts I need to make this clutch work?

What all parts do I need to get in order to make this a smooth in and out, rather than an out, run to the store, halfway in, run to the store, etc?

I know that any machine shop would resurface the flywheel, how much am I looking at spending?

I'm not entirely sure what all is coming with the clutch, but I do know that I am getting a throw out bearing. What else do I need, how much am I looking at spending? (I'll order online from a vendor if they have a sweet package deal)

If there is anything I'm missing and or forgetting, help a brother out! I have all the tools I'll need, including air tools and a cherry picker. Any input/help would be appreciated!

1966 dart wagon
05-16-2010, 10:29 PM
a typical clutch kit, like the one i ordered from TU blue PP 6 puck, came with the PP, clutch, throw out bearing, and alignment tool, that tool or something like a short part of a broom stick handle can be used, done that before but I would think all vendors sell the kits with everything, but ask them to be sure. You thinking of just going with a TII/TIII clutch?

Definitely get the flywheel resurfaced when I had mine done it cost me 20 bucks.

skitzo_inc
05-17-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm going with a N/A clutch, most likely. Kaleb got one from Shawn that should fit, we're going to try it out tomorrow. Worst case scenario I go and get a clutch kit from a parts store.

spoolinhard
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Are you sure thats the worse case scenario? You need someone with you next time you buy a havily used car.

skitzo_inc
05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
haha, possibly. Or just not buy any new cars