PDA

View Full Version : SDAC 20 dyno --- sign up!!!

DC Turismo
05-15-2010, 03:41 AM
So apparently I'm the first out of 20 necessary people needed to sign up for the dyno event to take place. I'm very excited at the opportunity to put my GT down for a few pulls to see what it will do with the bit of tuning I've done to it. Plus, it's safer IMHO than pounding on it drag racing. We don't have too much longer of a time period before pre-registration ends; therefore, please get signed up for this! Every year I hear about people talking how cool it'd be to have a dyno day, and yet I can't believe I'm the first to sign up since pre-reg has been open for a number of weeks after all.

Remember, in the worst case we don't get enough people you still get your money back, so like Barry told me, you're really not losing anything. To me, $70 to see what kind of numbers this thing is throwing out isn't a bad price at all.

Update this list as you get signed up, let's make this happen people!!!
------------
DYNO DAY ENROLLEES
1. Billy Lofink

86seeS
05-15-2010, 09:43 AM
im in just havent sent in my pre reg yet waiting on my stock to go back up a bit haha

DC Turismo
05-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Well you're only one more, we need 18 others to step up, come on! Make the last day exciting! Plus we need everyone to get involved so we can update the TM times page with our dyno stats.

sdac guy
05-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Well you're only one more, we need 18 others to step up, come on! Make the last day exciting! Plus we need everyone to get involved so we can update the TM times page with our dyno stats.Actually the max number of cars is 20. The minimum is 10 or the event gets canceled.

Barry

Dusty_Duster
05-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Where is the dyno testing taking place at?

sdac guy
05-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Maryland Performance Center in Frederick

http://www.marylandperformance.com/main.html

We are charging $70 on the pre-regs. If we get 20 cars the cost will come down, if we only get 10 cars, the cost will go up to $75 per car. That is for 3 runs and the shop will do a cookout for lunch (which is included in the price).

If we need to refund or charge more depending on turnout, we will do that at registration/check-in. The shop wants 10 days advance notice, so we will make the determination whether we will have a dyno event on June 20. So if someone wants to do the dyno, they should pre-register for it BEFORE June 20.

Barry

DC Turismo
05-16-2010, 12:50 PM
There you have it, the boss speaks hahaha let's get nine more ppl. Pre reg'd for this!

r2kool4u
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Well im pre-reging for the Dyno and the Drag. Been planning on getting the TBi dyno'd to see how bad she does haha

DC Turismo
05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Awesome, glad to hear it!
Any other pre reggies who haven't posted yet?

DC Turismo
06-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Status update? :eyebrows:

sdac guy
06-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Status update? :eyebrows:We still only have 2 signed up. This includes the ones from the PO Box yesterday morning (none :D ).

Only 18 days remaining to sign up. If we don't have 10 signed up and paid before June 20, the dyno day will be canceled and fees refunded.

Barry

86seeS
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
sent my pre reg yesterday

sdac guy
06-04-2010, 10:39 PM
sent my pre reg yesterdayYep, I picked it up at the PO Box today!

So now we are up to 3 for the Dyno Day!

BTW Wes, your reg and renewal were picked up after I mailed the newsletters today. So you can ignore the notice stamped on your newsletter.

Barry

86seeS
06-05-2010, 12:16 AM
cool thanks barry

30 PSI SHADOW
06-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Anyone else "thinking" of dynoing? Ive thrown the idea around but the interest seems low,Unless there are a bunch waiting till the last minute.........

sdac guy
06-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Pre-Registrations are slow overall compared to other years.

I strongly doubt we will have 10 folks register for the dyno day by June 20. So it will most likely be canceled.

But if everyone waits for others to sign up for it then the opportunity will slip by for sure. We must have at least 10 people signed up for it by June 20 or the following day I will call the dyno place to let them know we are not coming.

If that happens, then we will refund all the dyno fees folks paid once we are at the event.

Barry

sdac guy
06-20-2010, 10:09 AM
There will not be a Dyno Day at SDAC-20. :(

The decision day is here and we only have 4 people signed up for the it.

Those 4 will get their dyno fee refunded. If I get any more regs in the mail with the fee included, those will get refunded also.

Barry

86seeS
06-20-2010, 07:08 PM
sux!!!!!!

sdac guy
06-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I will call them tomorrow to let them know it will not happen for us as a group.

I will ask if they will take individuals and what price. Then anyone that is interested can call and make an appointment for Tuesday or Wed June 29 & 30.

The Dyno was to take place at the same time as the road rally on Wednesday. Our rally is designed to be a fun run and not a true TSD rally. And judging by the roads and topography in the area it should be a blast. So all is not lost, we still have a very enjoyable few hours planned for you on Wednesday.

Barry

86seeS
06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
hey anything beats being in indiana hahaha i didnt get to do the rally last year so ill be all over it this year!!!!

sdac guy
06-21-2010, 11:50 AM
I talked to Maryland Performance Center this morning and asked about folks scheduling time on Tues or Wed next week. They told me that for 2 pulls they usually get $125 per car. And you would need to schedule time with them asap as they frequently get folks scheduling half or full days with them.

Their website is Maryland Performance Center (http://www.marylandperformance.com) and their phone # is 301-371-8883

Barry

Dusty_Duster
06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
There is a dyno shop in Hagerstown, as well, that we might be able to use. PM me if you want their contact info.

FWIW, that's the only shop in the whole state I let touch my Duster.

john1320
06-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I talked to Maryland Performance Center this morning and asked about folks scheduling time on Tues or Wed next week. They told me that for 2 pulls they usually get $125 per car. And you would need to schedule time with them asap as they frequently get folks scheduling half or full days with them.

Their website is Maryland Performance Center (http://www.marylandperformance.com) and their phone # is 301-371-8883

Barry

Wow, that's waay high and 2 pulls? Any shop here is 3 pulls for $75-90, depending on how many show..