PDA

View Full Version : SDAC 20 Call out section =-) !!!!

22shelby
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
ok so i know there alot of guys on here that are racers by nature... and whats racing w/o bragging and backing it up:thumb:

so here is the official T-M SDAC 20 Auto X/ Drag Race call out section.... wanna sit heads up w/ another member post it up.... think u got locks on the quickest lap time call ur $h*&!!!! think ull be the Dyno king??? lets just hope the dyno is acting right that day haha...

so ill start.... as it turns out.... in the T-M times page i have the FASTEST/QUICKEST auto G-Body on there, now im not claiming quickest of all time by no meens as i know there are Daytonas that have gone 11s on the 413...however, its not posted up so there for i am the Auto Gbody champ on the T-M times page.....now im going to go to SDAC swinging:eyebrows:

anyone who want to throw down heads up w/ there auto G bod ill be more than happy to pass the crown if i get cliped off:nod:

anyways, this will ofcourse be all in GREAT fun!!! and by no meens a disrespect thing, and im sure if this thread gets out of hand it will be delt w/ asap.....

have fun guys:thumb:

89FerrariShelby
05-14-2010, 11:14 AM
My car is slow and breaks easy....i'm going to whoop some @$$!!!!

contraption22
05-14-2010, 11:23 AM
I was thrilled to qualify for the Q8 last year, and I will be just as thrilled if I do it again this year. SDAC19 showed us some of the best racing I have ever seen. It was a huge rush to just to do some balls-out heads-up battling.

Dusty_Duster
05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
My Duster is going to look the fastest sitting at the car show! :lol:

BadAssPerformance
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
so ill start.... as it turns out.... in the T-M times page I have the FASTEST/QUICKEST auto G-Body on there

Maybe 2G? ;) ... Warren (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?u=257) has the quickest G-body and its an auto.

I really hope Warren can make it to SDAC! I'm not sure if I can find a few more tenths to sit with him :o and I'm sure his car will be quicker when its back out :hail: .... but if we both get our G-bodys there, would be cool to crack em off heads up, at least for the video footage! :thumb:

89FerrariShelby
05-14-2010, 11:41 AM
just as an aside...real men dont drive auto's....your times dont count

(completely tongue in cheek, kinda ruins the joke, but don't want people getting all upset for real)

contraption22
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Maybe 2G? ;) ... Warren (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?u=257) has the quickest G-body and its an auto.

I really hope Warren can make it to SDAC! I'm not sure if I can find a few more tenths to sit with him

I know how you could... but I am not gonna say it.

BadAssPerformance
05-14-2010, 11:49 AM

LOL... I've used nitrous before... but I'm not done playing with this setup off the juice yet :nod:

....oh, and I could pick up more by putting my drivetrain in a lightazz Omni/Horizon LOL ;)

Pat
05-14-2010, 12:10 PM

Go auto?

22shelby
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM

I really hope Warren can make it to SDAC! I'm not sure if I can find a few more tenths to sit with him :o and I'm sure his car will be quicker when its back out :hail: .... but if we both get our G-bodys there, would be cool to crack em off heads up, at least for the video footage! :thumb:

ah yes i do mean 2nd gen!!!! ;) "daytona"
im ready to fly!!!!! id like to be in that elusive XX.XX time bracket before we go, how ever it would be cool to get it there too!!!

as far the auto vs man. im just sick of driving a man. in bumper to bumper traffic, also 15 PSI on the line is one heck of a drug!!!! no turbo lag going down the track, im willing to bet, that its harded to get a target 60 foot time on an auto than a manual esp on a foot brake and no form of 2 step or limiter..... 5 speed is hold at certian RPM... dump clutch...pray itstays together....no???

friendly banter, i love it!!!;)

now to find a tire that will hold it to the track at 4000 rpm :eyebrows:

Pat
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Ok...who's taking on Slowe?

22shelby
05-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok...who's taking on Slowe?
John force told me he may show up, i think it would be a fair race haha:eyebrows:

ill race him, his 1/4 to my 1/8th mile:thumb:

22shelby
05-14-2010, 12:27 PM
just as an aside...real men dont drive auto's....your times dont count

(completely tongue in cheek, kinda ruins the joke, but don't want people getting all upset for real)

u, my friend, have heads up action w/ ur banger car vs my auto car :p
ill bet a cheese burger on that race:eyebrows: and most likely ill be on a MT Drag radial:confused:

89FerrariShelby
05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
hahaha, well considering the one time i ran my car i ran a solid 3 seconds slower than stock i'm going to guess you can beat me, unless i suddenly learn how to drag race between now and SDAC.

But luckily for me Auto times don't count, so 19.2 is > DNP lol =P

contraption22
05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Go auto?

Go auto. Go Lbody. Go juice. I got the trifecta. lol

J&G_BlueGLH
05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Go auto. Go Lbody.
:thumb: :hail: :amen:

Dusty_Duster
05-14-2010, 02:07 PM
I heart my automatic transmissions, but then again driving in bumper-to-bumper DC-area traffic will do that to you. :D

89FerrariShelby
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM
oh, i don't begrudge auto's in a dd, my murano is an auto...

but we're talking tracks and racing. no excuse for an auto unless you wear panties...!!!!!!

lol....

contraption22
05-14-2010, 02:23 PM

but we're talking tracks and racing. no excuse for an auto unless you wear panties...!!!!!!

lol....

No panties here. Just don't feel like handicapping a drag car with a manual. The point is a low ET. Why make it harder for yourself?

Dusty_Duster
05-14-2010, 02:25 PM

lol....

You drive a nissan, so I'll begrudge you for that. :lol:

22shelby
05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
like i said bring ur banger box to SDAC and get yanked down the track, all im say'n. ill even give u the hit!!! (meaning u get to move first)lol ( this is all in good fun)... little do u know the fastest cars in drag racing utilizing a "gearbox" are automatics.... now auto x i would'nt even try auto well mabye in Forza.... but im a street racer by nature haha so come get get it son....

22shelby
05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
You drive a nissan, so I'll begrudge you for that. :lol:
ill take a whack at that nissan too....

Pat
05-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Go auto. Go Lbody. Go juice. I got the trifecta. lol

Nice, but you missed one....16v! :p

89FerrariShelby
05-14-2010, 02:34 PM
haha, no brittle feelings here. besides, you could give me an 1/8 mile headstart, you'll still catch me...i get 0 traction, and i have only gone down the track 1 time in my entire life....

i'm aware the majority of fast drag cars utilize an auto....

I just don't think it befits a race car. They were made to be manual...anything auto is just "cheating" in my book...

and i drive a nissan because i needed something reliable to supplement my collection of dodge's...even with 4 of them i find the nissans the only one i can rely on.... =P

its aight, you come yank me down the track...but just know i'll feel justified because i worked for my loss while you just cruised with the gas down....(lame-o!!!!)

contraption22
05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Nice, but you missed one....16v! :p

Next year :eyebrows:

22shelby
05-14-2010, 02:41 PM
its aight, you come yank me down the track...but just know i'll feel justified because i worked for my loss while you just cruised with the gas down....(lame-o!!!!)hahaha that cracked me up....

89FS i like u ur can take it but dish it back out.... all joking aroung aside, bring ur car, to 20 and w/ a group efvfort we'll get that thing down the track in a respectable time.... dont worry my first pass down w/ this car, i spun to the 1/8 mile, the forgot to shift so i ran like a 15.60..... that deff didnt justify the BA huge smokey burn out i did for the crowd....w/ just a lil work, and a lil practice i burned 2.5 seconds off my time, and still practicing, going for 3 seconds faster now...:thumb: we'll get u down in a time ur going to crap urself...

22shelby
05-14-2010, 02:49 PM
i'm aware the majority of fast drag cars utilize an auto....

I just don't think it befits a race car. They were made to be manual...anything auto is just "cheating" in my book...

the physical act of pushing a clutch in and shift is no where near faster than the way an auto shifts... a lenko maybe.....

Pat
05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Next year :eyebrows:

Maybe next year I'll be auto. :eyebrows:

Sgt Craig
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I will drink more beer than Mike Marra!

BadAssPerformance
05-14-2010, 06:31 PM
No panties here. Just don't feel like handicapping a drag car with a manual. The point is a low ET. Why make it harder for yourself?

If I had an auto I would fall asleep before 1/8 mile :p

22shelby
05-14-2010, 06:53 PM
If I had an auto I would fall asleep before 1/8 mile :p

hahahahaha thats great.....sweet that meens less for me to weed thru to get to the top muwahahahahahaha:eyebrows:

dodgeshadowchik
05-14-2010, 10:04 PM
manual trans > automagic

22shelby
05-14-2010, 10:21 PM
bunch of haters.....=-)

dodgeshadowchik
05-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Don't hate the playa; hate the game!

Sgt Craig
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Mike doesnt have a very strong clutch muscle,so it very hard for him to push a clutch pedal in.

Pat
05-15-2010, 07:44 AM
So, not really calling out, but I'd love to line up against Reeves, Mike, Shadow and Warren. Good racing is always fun!

Anyone else?

ScottD
05-15-2010, 08:10 AM

This is a good point. I've drag raced many manual transmission cars over the years. However, the one car I had the most fun drag racing was my 87 Lebaron turbo sedan automatic. I think part of the reason I had fun racing that car was a) I saw continuous improvement in my ETs with the mods I made and b) with the auto I didn't have to be precise to get a clean launch. Getting clean consistent launches out of a FWD manual is an acquired skill.

I'm not going to call anyone out ... but I am looking forward to some excellent racing this year. Mason Dixon is a nice track and with it being up in the hills and the racing taking place in the evening, I'm hoping we see some decent temps, low humidity and awesome times.

BadAssPerformance
05-15-2010, 09:36 AM
So, not really calling out, but I'd love to line up against Reeves, Mike, Shadow and Warren. Good racing is always fun!

Anyone else?

Wow, Mr. nitrous 16V only picking on 8V cars... jeeze... LOL ;)

When I saw you post I thought you were calling our Carroll straight out? :D

Pat
05-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Wow, Mr. nitrous 16V only picking on 8V cars... jeeze... LOL ;)

When I saw you post I thought you were calling our Carroll straight out? :D

You were supposed to be on that list too! Whoops.

Tell you what JT...to make it close, I'll even turn the bottle off for you. ;)

Carroll? Carroll who? :p

BadAssPerformance
05-15-2010, 09:57 AM
You were supposed to be on that list too! Whoops.

Tell you what JT...to make it close, I'll even turn the bottle off for you. ;)

Carroll? Carroll who? :p

Aww so kind... no juice I'd have to give you some land, LOL :p

rx2mazda
05-15-2010, 10:08 AM
***biting tongue***

BadAssPerformance
05-15-2010, 10:11 AM
^^^ LOL... what, you can call out a FERRARI but not a little flame painted Shadow? ;)

Pat
05-15-2010, 10:16 AM
***biting tongue***

(not joking---but will later!) Are you going to make it?

rx2mazda
05-15-2010, 10:32 AM
at this point its doubtful the car wil be ready. :(

Pat
05-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Why?!?!?

22shelby
05-15-2010, 06:57 PM
my 2 cents... i say JT... Pat head up run what u "brung" and hope your n2o is full...:bump2: oh! there i said it...:hail: i want that race on film!!!!:thumb:

22shelby
05-15-2010, 06:58 PM
why?!?!?

x2? :(:(

fleckster
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Right now, I'll be happy with the lead sled "Evil Spurt" running another 13.6 on the same street tires I always run and autocross on and not breaking anything. I need to get more consistant and back up my performance at the local Import vs Domestic event a couple weeks ago where in my class I won 1st place in the drags, 3rd in the Autocross, 1st Place in the Car Show, and 1st place overall, gaining much respect for the old turbo Mopars out there!

Pat
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Right now, I'll be happy with the lead sled "Evil Spurt" running another 13.6 on the same street tires I always run and autocross on and not breaking anything. I need to get more consistant and back up my performance at the local Import vs Domestic event a couple weeks ago where in my class I won 1st place in the drags, 3rd in the Autocross, 1st Place in the Car Show, and 1st place overall, gaining much respect for the old turbo Mopars out there!

Hey Fleck...I think my brother is bringing out his silver R/T too.

fleckster
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Sweet! It'll be nice to finally see it and have two together. Probably kick my butt at the show and on the track but I can't wait for it to happen! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
05-18-2010, 01:34 PM
my 2 cents... i say JT... Pat head up run what u "brung" and hope your n2o is full...:bump2: oh! there i said it...:hail: i want that race on film!!!!:thumb:

I think you just made pat order up bigger jets, LOL ;)

Pat
05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I think you just made pat order up bigger jets, LOL ;)

*yawn*

:p

BadAssPerformance
05-18-2010, 01:42 PM
LOL...

I cant talk too much trash cuz I havnt touched the car yet this year... BUT I did get a tracking number for the head coming back ;)

mcsvt
05-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Can I call out myself to have something other than my Durango this year? I started pulling apart the motor in the SC and I need to resist putting the goodies slated for my Sundance on it though... mmm Super 50...

turboshad
05-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I was looking at the list to see who to call out and noticed I'm the slowest 2.4 transplant. :( I call out myself for being so sucky. Once I'm done racing myself I'll race anyone. Ya.....that's right......even you Mr. Brian "king of P-bodies" :evil:

Pat
05-18-2010, 02:55 PM
LOL...

I cant talk too much trash cuz I havnt touched the car yet this year... BUT I did get a tracking number for the head coming back ;)

Truth be told, me neither, my car is apart and I am working my tail off to get it done in time.

But...talking trash is fun!

contraption22
05-18-2010, 03:05 PM
My car is back together temporarily with a 52mm throttle body to get it mobile. When I get an hour or so, I will clean up the 58mm TB I got, make a gasket for it and put the nitrous switch on it. I am a little worried when I moved it off the trailer this weekend that it seemed to have a good bit of cooling system pressure, even though it wasn't very warm. No time to take it apart before SDAC. I'll flush the system with clean water before the event tho, so if something does happen, it won't be a major cleanup.

22shelby
05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
im just pray'n mine dont blow up here, before hand...

rx2mazda
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Why?!?!?

x2? :(:(

Long story short.......$$$$. :D

Reeves
05-19-2010, 02:04 PM
I will drink more beer than Mike Marra!

Meeeee tooooo!!!!

Anyone else?

I'm on it!

NOOOOOOO.......MONICA.......

Sweet! It'll be nice to finally see it and have two together. Probably kick my butt at the show and on the track but I can't wait for it to happen! :thumb:

2 of 31 in the same place? No way!

No time to take it apart before SDAC.

WTF?

Sgt Craig
05-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Meeeee tooooo!!!!

I'm on it!

NOOOOOOO.......MONICA.......

2 of 31 in the same place? No way!

WTF?

In that case Ill drink more beer than you and Mike Marra put together!

Reeves
05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
In that case Ill drink more beer than you and Mike Marra put together!

It's a challenge! :amen:

contraption22
05-19-2010, 07:00 PM

I gotta get back in training. Anybody know if Yuengling Lager is available in Hagerstown area?

BLUEBALL
05-19-2010, 07:16 PM
If any of ya want some of this,come get some!!!:fencing: But ya gonna have to come wayyy down here haha:o

Reeves
05-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I gotta get back in training. Anybody know if Yuengling Lager is available in Hagerstown area?

Don't worry, I can pick up the slack! I've been training a while....

Pat
05-19-2010, 10:15 PM

I'm sure it is...Yuengling is everywhere down here.

Reeves
05-19-2010, 11:10 PM

Still can't get it in Kentucky or Ohio :(

Glad I still have some of the 1/2 barrel left that I brought home from Florida!
And still have about 5 cases left from what I brought home from the Cecil Fun day last fall! :amen:

Sgt Craig
05-20-2010, 08:59 PM

One that you wont win.

ScottD
05-20-2010, 09:29 PM

Yuengling goes down too smooth and easy.

A real beer drinking challenge would feature Milwaukee's Best.

Pat
05-20-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm drinking one right now!

Sgt Craig
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM

A real beer drinking challenge would feature Milwaukee's Best.

Nah PBR!

Reeves
05-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Nah PBR!

PBR Light FTW!!!

Dusty_Duster
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
A real barfing challenge would feature Milwaukee's Best.

Fixed that for ya. :thumb:

r2kool4u
05-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Well I can beat anyone in my 94. If its a lowest hp contest that is.

Pat
06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Bringing this back up....my Shadow is out of commission, so I'm bringing an Aries. Who's interested in lining up with a lowly, 4 door, crap box Aries? :-)

Reeves
06-02-2010, 01:10 PM
my Shadow is out of commission

WTF???
....over...

89FerrariShelby
06-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Bringing this back up....my Shadow is out of commission, so I'm bringing an Aries. Who's interested in lining up with a lowly, 4 door, crap box Aries? :-)

Well it's almost garunteed i'm not finding my new wheels/tires before SDAC, so i'll line up with my 3 19" wheels and 1 pumper....lol

the 19"s don't hook at a track, so i'm going to be going all motor, up to about 2500 rpms and then shifting....=P

Pat
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
WTF???
....over...

Most of the story is here:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49739

I had to have a lot of things come together at the same time for the Shadow to work out. Unfortunately, none of it has.

I'm determined to be racing something, so the ScAries it is.

rx2mazda
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Who's interested in lining up with a lowly, 4 door, crap box Aries? :-)

I am, but only if you give it the GRM Shadow "Flames on the hood cause your just that cool" paint scheme.

contraption22
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Who's interested in lining up with a lowly, 4 door, crap box Aries? :-)

You dare to out-crapbox The Contraption?

Pat
06-02-2010, 03:09 PM
You dare to out-crapbox The Contraption?

Oh, I think I have you covered in the crap box department. Wait till you see this thing.

contraption22
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh, I think I have you covered in the crap box department. Wait till you see this thing.

I dunno man... i know my car looks good in digital pictures, but your aries seems fairly clean in comparison to my car.

Pat
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I dunno man... i know my car looks good in digital pictures, but your aries seems fairly clean in comparison to my car.

Ask Dave. He'll tell you.

Dusty_Duster
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Well it's almost garunteed i'm not finding my new wheels/tires before SDAC, so i'll line up with my 3 19" wheels and 1 pumper....lol

the 19"s don't hook at a track, so i'm going to be going all motor, up to about 2500 rpms and then shifting....=P

19" wheels? Holy crap, I thought 17s looked big on my car.

MoparBoyy
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
i will be drunker, longer and harder than all of you LOL

contraption22
06-18-2010, 09:37 AM
So who wants to take a stab at the guessing the bump ET for the Quick16?
And who's all going to try to qualify?

Pat
06-18-2010, 10:00 AM
So who wants to take a stab at the guessing the bump ET for the Quick16?
And who's all going to try to qualify?

Q16 - 13.2 bump

Yes, I'm trying to qualify.

turboshad
06-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Well, now that JT is in the 15s........;)

I think it might hit high 12s. I'll say 12.85 and yes I'm giving it a shot assuming tonight goes as planned. :D

minigts
06-18-2010, 12:28 PM

I think it might hit high 12s. I'll say 12.85 and yes I'm giving it a shot assuming tonight goes as planned. :D

Wait, which JT?! I'm JT too and I resent the fact that my GLHS will only run 15....well maybe you're right. :(

There are always 2 Trotters at SDAC, no more, no less. I'm sure you can guess which one is the apprentice and which one is the master... ;)

sdac guy
06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Wait, which JT?! I'm JT too and I resent the fact that my GLHS will only run 15....well maybe you're right. :(

There are always 2 Trotters at SDAC, no more, no less. I'm sure you can guess which one is the apprentice and which one is the master... ;)
Sorry Jon. While you may share the same initials, and while there may be 2 Trotters at SDAC, there is only one JT at SDAC and he has seniority over you! :thumb: :lol:

Barry

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Sorry Jon. While you may share the same initials, and while there may be 2 Trotters at SDAC, there is only one JT at SDAC and he has seniority over you! :thumb: :lol:

Barry

LOL, you guys are too much :o :thumb:

minigts
06-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Barry

Oh he OLD ALRIGHT! LOL I don't mind being under his tutolidge. And I agree, there is only one JT, but I can dare to dream, can't I? ;)

moparman76_69
06-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh he OLD ALRIGHT! LOL I don't mind being under his tutolidge. And I agree, there is only one JT, but I can dare to dream, can't I? ;)

wait does that mean you plan on eliminating JT?

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Ut Oh! :eek:

turboshad
06-18-2010, 06:34 PM
I call out anyone to look as cool as I'm going to.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/IMG_2919.jpg

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2010, 06:35 PM
You win! ;)

contraption22
06-18-2010, 07:35 PM
"Mork calling Orson. Come in, Orson."

I call out anyone to look as cool as I'm going to.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/IMG_2919.jpg

sdac guy
06-18-2010, 07:41 PM

Now that's funny Mike! :thumb:

Barry

turboshad
06-18-2010, 07:53 PM

Jealousy brings all the best responces. :D

http://coolrain44.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mork_and_mindy.jpg

rx2mazda
06-18-2010, 09:15 PM

That's one small step for man........one giant leap for mankind. Lmao

contraption22
06-18-2010, 11:35 PM
That's one small step for man........one giant leap for mankind. Lmao

Ya gotta wonder if the Canadian Space Program is being run out of DJ's garage.

JDAWG
06-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Ya gotta wonder if the Canadian Space Program is being run out of DJ's garage.

somebody has to do something since ours is pretty much abandoned

turboshad
06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
I won't lie......I am making a rocket. :D

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Yes, Yes you are!

2.216VTurbo
06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Uh, you think tech is gonna be OK with a 1978 date coded helmet:confused:? SURELY in 2010 there is no helmet produced resembling that fine piece of fantasticness...

BadAssPerformance
06-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Dude, he's Uranium Maaaaaaaan, he'll just wave his hand and say "Let them pass" and Uranium mind trick thru tech :D

turboshad
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Uh, you think tech is gonna be OK with a 1978 date coded helmet:confused:? SURELY in 2010 there is no helmet produced resembling that fine piece of fantasticness...

Oh Alan, there are many variants to choose from so I'm sure you can find one that will show how special you are. I personally think you would feel right at home in the pink bobber. :eyebrows:

http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/Product/images/afv2/AF-V2023-22B_Large.jpg

http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/Product/afv2.html

Dusty_Duster
06-21-2010, 04:17 AM
That helmet looks pregnant.

somebody has to do something since ours is pretty much abandoned

True 'dat. :mad: