PDA

View Full Version : anyone mess with unlocking a dsp?

DC Turismo
05-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Got a dsp coming that's locked and I've heard you need to send it to diablo to be unlocked for a fee while I also have heard you can call and get em to give you the directions over the phone. Anyone able to give me some insight PM me.

Thx

Keito
05-14-2010, 08:13 AM
I've only heard you have to send it in to have the current VIN removed.
Didn't know you can do it over the phone.

Captain Chaos
05-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Now speaking in regards to a Superchips tuner I can't answer for DSP but don't see why it wouldn't be possible. My friends SC locked up while I was trying it and we had to contact the company and they emailed him a program to reset it. We updated the programmer and reset my truck and he was able to use it on his truck again.

contraption22
05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Got a dsp coming that's locked and I've heard you need to send it to diablo to be unlocked for a fee while I also have heard you can call and get em to give you the directions over the phone. Anyone able to give me some insight PM me.

Thx

Have you tried looking around on DiabloSport's forums? Might be an answer there. Seems to be alot of good information sharing.

DC Turismo
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Didnt know they had a forum, so I'll check that out Mike, thanks!

I, too, don't see why this can't be done over the phone though. Guess I'll find out hahaha