PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Tops

tommyturbo
05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Anyone in socal know of a good place to have a convertible top replaced? Also what kits are the best in terms of fit and oe quality? looking to try and match the oe top for my GTC as close as possible. Thought about trying it myself, but after talking to a few people have decide to have a pro do it.

turbo84voyager
05-12-2010, 08:27 AM
I know you are looking for OE look but I highly recommend a stayfast top. It is not the OE look. It is the cloth like material used on BMW, Mercedes, Corvette's, hotrods etc...). They are probably close to double the price but in my opinion they look great and hold up real good. I have one on my shadow convertible and what a difference over the OE looking vinyl top that was on it before.

tommyturbo
05-12-2010, 02:05 PM
How much did it cost to redo the top on your shadow? or did you do it yourself?

turbo84voyager
05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I had a local upholstery shop do the top. Honestly it was about 3 years ago and I dont remember how much. I believe the top and rear window was in the $600 - $700 range plus instillation. The top was quite a bit more than a replacement because it is made out of stayfast material and was a special order. Since mine had a plastic rear window I bought a new one with the top. The new rear window is dark smoke.