PDA

View Full Version : Fuel: FFV Fuel Lines

HESaves
05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Sorry guys changed my mind.

contraption22
05-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Just a question that may help you broaden your search for parts. Are you actually planning to run Methanol as fuel in your car?

HESaves
05-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Just a question that may help you broaden your search for parts. Are you actually planning to run Methanol as fuel in your car?

No I live in Wisconsin...home of rusty TD's. My lines aren't in the greatest shape and I thought I would check out the price of the used stainless lines vs just replacing with the stocker lines.

contraption22
05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Ahh i see.

FFV's are hard to find and fuel lines would be hard/expensive to ship. You may consider buying some bulk stainless fuel/brake line and bending your own. Replacement fuel tanks are fairly inexpensive too. You could throw some good hard epoxy paint on it to make it last longer.

I'm not trying to discourage you from your search. Just offering some alternatives. Good luck!

HESaves
05-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Ahh i see.

FFV's are hard to find and fuel lines would be hard/expensive to ship. You may consider buying some bulk stainless fuel/brake line and bending your own. Replacement fuel tanks are fairly inexpensive too. You could throw some good hard epoxy paint on it to make it last longer.

I'm not trying to discourage you from your search. Just offering some alternatives. Good luck!

Thanks man!
I replaced the tank I was looking at weight:D.