PDA

View Full Version : The GLH Lives!

ajakeski
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
After a long delay, we finally got the exhaust system and got it installed on the GLH. The 2.5 inch system is from FWD. It took a lot of tweaking to get it to fit, but it's on and looks good.
Once it was on, I fired up the car. With no muffler or cat, it kind of sounds like the old Mercury outboard motor we had when I was a kid.
I took it for a ride down the street (No fenders, hood or lights) and it ran great, the boost gauge showed 10+ pounds of boost. Not bad for a one block run. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the road and seeing what breaks.

http://web.me.com/ajakeski/Great_Lakes_Hot_Rod_Service./Rebirth_of_a_1986_GLH-Turbo/Rebirth_of_a_1986_GLH-Turbo.html

BadAssPerformance
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Sweet! :clap:

Sooo, are we gonna get to see it at teh May 15th meet at Dave's? ;) Or the May 16th CMC Naperville show? :D

ajakeski
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I doubt we'll make that. I still have to paint the front end and all the ground effects. Plus put it all together.
Well maybe...

ajakeski
05-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I doubt we'll make that. I still have to paint the front end and all the ground effects. Plus put it all together.
Well maybe...

BadAssPerformance
05-06-2010, 12:47 AM
You got a week and a half! ;)