PDA

View Full Version : Blazer door sag

jory
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I looked at the hinges and it looks like they bolt in way up behind the dash.. Is there any way to adjust these that doesn't involve stripping the interior? It's a 96 4dr

Big_P
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Open the door, grab the bottom of it and pull up on it. If the door moves up and down then there's a problem.

Usually the pin wears out or the holes that the pin goes into wears out. They might sell a kit with a larger pin where you pull the door off and drill out the hole a bit and insert the larger pin. But I'm not sure. Either way it's probably not an adjustment.

black86glhs
04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
They should have a pin and bushing kit for the worn pin/hinge issue. They make a tool that sits on the striker and has a handle about 1.5 feet long. It has a striker pin on the door latch side of the handle that the door latches to. You lift up on the handle and it adjusts the door. Don't know how far it will adjust a door and if the hinges are really bad, it might not be able to do anything for it.

turbovanmanČ
04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
99% the pins and bushings are worn out. Dorman makes a kit, like $3, I just did my 98, door sagged like 3/4 of an inch, but because the wife drives it, never bothered me.

Anyhow, you need to borrow the tool to put the spring back in, top hinge, but you can easily remove it with a pry bar, watch your face. Get a floor jack with a small piece of 2x4 on it, jack up the door so no loading on the pins, drive them both out and bushings, install new ones, put the spring back in, lube and done, 30 mins TOPS. :amen:

jory
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
The door moves up and down when I pull on it. Try to close it without lifting and it just bangs. Definitely worn pins. I was thinking about how I fix lebaron and daytona doors, I just hold the door up with a jack and 2x4, loosen the hinge, and set the hinge to where it closes nice.
I'll take a look at the pins.

turbovanmanČ
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
The door moves up and down when I pull on it. Try to close it without lifting and it just bangs. Definitely worn pins. I was thinking about how I fix lebaron and daytona doors, I just hold the door up with a jack and 2x4, loosen the hinge, and set the hinge to where it closes nice.
I'll take a look at the pins.

You can't loosen the hinges, they are welded on.

JDAWG
04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
some GM have an adjustable striker, look on the end if it looks like a torx then stick one in and loosen it, might just need a small adhustment