PDA

View Full Version : racing solutions pipe

briceturbosports
06-07-2006, 08:32 AM
a fellow member just got his order from them what crap when they put them in the bender and clamped them they marked them up so bad you can't even sand them to get it out and bent the crap out of them. also they are not even the right size WTF! i won't order that junk :(

CRMB
06-10-2006, 01:48 PM
You guys are measuring ID instead of OD for tube. Tube is meaured OD. Just to bend the tube, the tube has to be within .001 of 2.5" round.

Aluminum ALWAYS has tooling marks in the clamps - regardless of vendors. It's annealed to a T0 for bending, that's soft enough to squish with your hand. That means that just the base clamp pressure necessary for draw bending has deep serrations.

Return them if you wish, I dont care. But notice 90% of the industry doesnt bend aluminum for this exact reason. Aluminum is not a pretty product -it never has been. And there is nothing I can do about that.

briceturbosports
06-12-2006, 08:20 AM
thank you for the repley and we did check od thanks

Anonymous_User
06-12-2006, 08:41 AM
My recent order for 3" aluminized mandrel bends for my exhaust came quickly and is an excellent product. I will order from them again.

Clay
06-12-2006, 08:56 AM
clamp marks are pretty normal on any "out of the bender" pipe Ive ever bought, including steel to a degree.

You can "sand" them out, but you need the right tools to do it, ie air tools w/ the right style of wheel.

turbovanmanČ
06-13-2006, 02:42 AM
My stainless pipe has small marks-big deal, but other than that, awesome product and honestly, you can't even see them, :thumb:

CRMB
06-20-2006, 03:23 AM
There will *always* be clamp marks on bends ... To manufacture without serrations requires 6 x the diameter clamp length .. ie: on a 3" bend, the legs would have to be 18". That's just not going to happen.
-Adam

slasky
10-29-2006, 11:09 AM
I bought a steel pipe kit from them. It looked great, got here fast, and the price was great.

WVRampage
10-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I got some steel pipe from them and it came in quick and and looked great.

Shelby5150
11-07-2006, 08:58 PM
a fellow member just got his order from them what crap when they put them in the bender and clamped them they marked them up so bad you can't even sand them to get it out and bent the crap out of them. also they are not even the right size WTF! i won't order that junk :(
I'm assuming you were planning on using the pipe for intercooler plumbing. You should either paint or powder coat the pipes. :thumb:

skinnye
11-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I ordered from them product was great and fast shipping, I've had several friends order from them as well and were very happy. You can not beat that price