PDA

View Full Version : Injector Harness Question

The S is Silent
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I was reading on boostbarn that some cars are batch fire, and some are individual fire...and I never even knew that.

I just put an 88 TII engine into my 89 caravan. I'm running the engine off of the SMEC from the same 88 car, and I BELIEVE I'm also using the injector harness that came with the TII engine...but I'm not entirely sure on that. I have a box full and I just grabbed one. Now, do I have compatibility issues using the 88 TII injector harness with my 89 main harness and the 88 TII computer?

How can I check?

Turbodave
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
The injectors weren't sequential until 90, and the connectors on the harness are diffferent so you would know if you the wrong harness.

88 and 89 are both batch fire and both SMEC systems so I don't think it should be much of a problem with it set up as you've got it. The only thing I can think of may be the charge temp sensor, the 89TI that was originally in the van didn't have one, and I don't know if Matt added wiring for one along the way or not. If your not get a charge temp sensor code then it's all good!

The S is Silent
12-29-2005, 01:49 PM
The injectors weren't sequential until 90, and the connectors on the harness are diffferent so you would know if you the wrong harness.

88 and 89 are both batch fire and both SMEC systems so I don't think it should be much of a problem with it set up as you've got it. The only thing I can think of may be the charge temp sensor, the 89TI that was originally in the van didn't have one, and I don't know if Matt added wiring for one along the way or not. If your not get a charge temp sensor code then it's all good!

No charge temp sensor. There is one sitting in the manifold, but I havn't added the wiring yet...it's on my list of things to do. I need to set the ignition timing too. Can you believe I don't have a timing light yet? :yuck: I should just go buy one. Although the van runs really well for just putting the distributor in...although it feels a bit sluggish. Dave, how does your van feel with the 2.2?

I think once I do those two things...I'll be good to go.