PDA

View Full Version : 98 12V w/ cold shifting problems?

nitrofc
04-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Got a 98 4WD with 230k on it. Seems when it's cold and i put it in Drive, it wants to shift into OD as soon as I lean into the throttle. If i turn the OD off it'll still upshift into top gear. If I shift it manually everythings fine, it just seems to be when the shifter is in Drive. Only does it during the winter. Now that the weathers warmed up I can go right into D and not worry. Any ideas?

tsiconquest88
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
wrong fluid? what 4wd in 98 had a 16v engine? im drawing a blank lol

jowyu
06-24-2010, 04:31 AM
The cam gear pump works fine for filtered WVO or used motor oil Babington heaters and I have installed it on my Babington style heaters. Ldu Company's stock number is 450516 , The only thing about the cam gear pump is that the fire kind of pulses as the cam gear rotates. If you use the spur gear pump that is LDU's stock number 450512 then you get a steady non-pulsing fire. The WVO pump website is http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/oilpump_1.htm or you can click through to the tools section from the home page at www.LDUcompany.com

LDU Company also has other parts that I use for building my waste oil burners, like gear reduction motors. I find it best to turn the pump slower because you really don't need a whole lot of oil dripping on the atomizer ball.