PDA

View Full Version : Fouling plug, running rich

J&H Ryan
04-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I've had more trouble with these (by comparison) new SRT's than I have old school TD's...

Before I go swapping parts out, what is your take on this. I have a misfire cyl 4 code, and sure enough it turns the plug into a carbon brick in 200 miles.

Also, when I get into boost after a long period of not boosting, it blows blue/black smoke. This isn't an all the time thing like bad turbo seals would be. No blue smoke at idle or some boost runs. This is when the plug is fouling too (obviously?)

Captain Chaos
04-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Maybe try swapping #4 injector to another location to see if the problem follows it.

raccoon
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
^^sneaky

(takes notes)

shackwrrr
04-25-2010, 12:57 PM
leakdown test?

BLUEBALL
04-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Try the free n easy stuff first. Check code for cyl(duh). Clear your code then swap the plug and wire to from cyl in question to other cyls. Then go drive it til you get the hard code back. Usually it will flash for a bit til it stays latched in there. Check your codes again and see if it moved to other cyls. If still same cyl, get a buddy w SRT to loan ya the coil pack off theirs,provided they arent throwin same codes. and see what happens. Coils do take a crap in these here n there.:o If its gettin fouled at least that shows its gettin some fuel

J&H Ryan
04-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Sum beech, it was a bad pcv valve, the whole bottom of the thing fell out and there was no piston (scared to find where it went exactly...)

I did find two bad injector o-rings along the way, but not on the bad cyl. They would be thing things causing my rpms to hang up until coming to a complete stop.

So thanks for the hints :hail:, I did try them before finding the above.

myturbo4
05-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I wish I could find a PCV valve that did not have the valve and I would just rely on the check valve instead.

turbovanmanČ
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I wish I could find a PCV valve that did not have the valve and I would just rely on the check valve instead.

Just use a twin turbo Supra valve, they are rock solid and don't leak boost.