PDA

View Full Version : SRT turbofold + t1 mitsu...

ShadowFromHell
04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Okay guys, long story short I have a srt turbofold with a BAD turbo. I have a couple good mistu t1 turbos. Can I take the center section/cold side from the mitsu and bolt it into the turbofold? I thought I had read once they are the same model turbos. I dont have them side by side yet and I would really like to know if it will work or not.

Thanks
Dustin

Dave
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Okay guys, long story short I have a srt turbofold with a BAD turbo. I have a couple good mistu t1 turbos. Can I take the center section/cold side from the mitsu and bolt it into the turbofold? I thought I had read once they are the same model turbos. I dont have them side by side yet and I would really like to know if it will work or not.

Thanks
Dustin

Interesting. They do use a very similar CHRA clamp. The lines are ran differently. There's the first difference. No rice plate on the mitsu either. Other than that, the turbine wheel may be a different size. We're working on my buddies this Saturday. If we have a mitsu laying around I'll find out for you. His turbo's coming off anyway to block off the rice plate.

CNH320
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
SRT4 turbos are reverse rotation from a typical turbo so i would think not due to the wheel designs.

Dave
04-23-2010, 11:43 PM
SRT4 turbos are reverse rotation from a typical turbo so i would think not due to the wheel designs.

Sh*t you're right. Never noticed that. :thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
04-24-2010, 12:42 AM
wtf is a "rice plate?"

ShadowFromHell
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
I read on neons.org that it is reverse rotation too, and wont work. Somthing I have always wondered. I may just try to rebuild the turbo. It may not even be bad. The tech replacing it at work thought the new one had alot of play too...

shadow88
04-24-2010, 07:56 AM
wtf is a "rice plate?"

The more commonly known "ricer blue plate" is the Mopar Performance add-on piece of blue annodized aluminum that redirects the anti-surge valve to the atmosphere.:)