PDA

View Full Version : Turbos/Intercoolers: i need 2.5" couplers

88shadowpjct
04-22-2010, 02:40 PM
anyone have some couplers they're willing to sell? i'm mocking up an IC and i dont want to go spend a ton of money on vibrant couplers just yet. the couplers need to be in good condition so i can drive with them for a lil while till i make sure everything is going to work and i need to save up to buy the vibrant stuff. i dont care if they are the cheap rubber ones that come with an ebay kit, they just have to be good to use for a while (no rips or leaks, not rock hard)

i am using 2.5" piping.
this is what i need....

(2) 90 degree couplers
(3) straight couplers
(1) 45 degree coupler

thanks,
nick

dusterdude
04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
when i did mine on the budget i went to the local macs hardware and bout some marine exaust tubing. got like 3 feet for around 10 bucks if i remember right. and it is legit silicone tubing.

GLHNSLHT2
04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
go to the J-yard, look for 3.0 V6 Chryslers and grab the airbox to throttle body hose. It's 2.5" and has all the bends you'll need, just cut to the length/bend you need and voila. The 87-88 hoses are 2.5" the whole way through. The 89+ hoes neck down right at the TB which works great for hooking up to your stock TB and the turbo.
Here's a pic of mine. I have them between the i/c and the airbox.
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1505

And another on the cummins setup in my Daytona.
http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=891

88shadowpjct
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
niiiiiice i have a 3.0 in my 4 door lol i'll check it out tomorrow

GLHNSLHT2
04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
they're awesome. I pressurized the whole system to 80psi on accident once. With the hose clamps they come with nothing blew off and I don't have beads on the metal pipes at all. Something in them form a bond with the pipe and make them sticky. Not sticky enough to where you can't get them off easy with the hose clamp removed but they take a lot of pressure and don't blow off.

88shadowpjct
04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
went and got that piece from my 3.0 car and cut it up.. you're right. that thing was perfect! i'm fabbing up some mounts this week i'll throw up pics when i'm done