PDA

View Full Version : How Far Do Injectors Go Into The Intake?

BARRON
06-06-2006, 09:49 PM
<REVISED>

Reinstalling my fuel rail with the injectors already on the rail, I pushed down each injector into the intake then moved the rail back into position on the intake and bolt it down. After this I noticed that I can still see the orange plastic piece on the injectors down towards the intake. The O-ring is about 1/4" down into the intakes injector ports but I never noticed how they sat before I took them out.

Is this where they are suppose to be? Or is the injector suppose to go TOTALLY down into the port till it bottoms out.

I'll get pics tomorrow if you guys need them.

looneytuner
06-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing you didn't put the clips back on the injectors that lock them in the proper place on the rail. If it's a TU rail, they need to be reinstalled upside down or the injectors go too far into the rail. Also make sure on the TU rail that the bracket weld isn't interfering with the rail being seated properly.

BARRON
06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
This is a stock rail and I never removed the injectors off the rail. I am talking about where they go into the injector ports on the intake. seems to me they should be all the way down in those ports till they bottom out.

Sorry I wasnt more clear.

MiniMopar
06-06-2006, 11:45 PM
No, they should not bottom out. The holes are just drilled straight through the casting. The fuel rail is what centers them at the right spot with respect to the manifold port...not that it is a terribly exact science where they end up. They will seal fine at any position in the hole, really.

In fact, the ability to pop the clips off the injectors and shove them all the way into the intake is how I get the fuel rail out on a 2pc intake with the valve cover still in place.

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2006, 11:52 PM
ditto... thats the goods on the 2-pc injector swap ;)

BARRON
06-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Ok thanks guys. A-1 community here.

GLHSKEN
06-07-2006, 07:03 AM
I use the same method Russ does. works great for in car swaps.