PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: Need Quick: Rear spindle/bearing '89 big brake

prepared
04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
This weekend my son spun a wheel bearing on the CSXT. It has '89 CS rear vented brakes.

As soon as the car 'felt funny' he pulled over and I went and rescued it.

However, the inner bearing race of the outer wheel bearing is already seized onto the spindle shaft. I'm gong to ATTEMPT to pull the race off without damaging the spindle, but I've seen this before and I no longer have access to a lathe to fix the spindle.

So....

I'm looking for a complete spindle/bearing assembly to fit a big brake - vented rear - setup. This is the passenger side if that matters.

2.216VTurbo
04-19-2010, 08:55 AM
You don't need to find a specific spindle, I found a very clean 'old lady' type Shadow a couple years ago that I just had to take something off of so I grabbed the spindles and hardware. One Spindle found it's way onto Forza's 86 GLHS and one onto the Rampage. So using my logic, if P body =L body spindles then the rest are all the same.

prepared
04-19-2010, 09:49 AM
You don't need to find a specific spindle, I found a very clean 'old lady' type Shadow a couple years ago that I just had to take something off of so I grabbed the spindles and hardware. One Spindle found it's way onto Forza's 86 GLHS and one onto the Rampage. So using my logic, if P body =L body spindles then the rest are all the same.

So, regardless of year, it should work? What about disc/drum? Doesn't matter? The spindle currently on the car is from an '89 Daytona CS. If so, that's good 'cause I think I can "borrow" a spindle from my brothers parts car.

Anybody provide confirmation?

prepared
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Confirmed that what I have available will work!!!

Thanks for the help!

*thread closed*

raccoon
04-19-2010, 12:12 PM
indeed.

/thread