PDA

View Full Version : CSRT vs Mach I

iTurbo
04-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Out and about today I happen to see an '03 or '04 Mustang Mach I coming up fast in my rear view mirror. We are in a 30 MPH zone, but this guy is doing probably 40-45 MPH. Just as he is about to pass me, I drop the CSRT into 2nd gear, floor it, and the CSRT shreds tire and almost instantaneously matches his speed and am momentarily right at his door. That got his attention! I didn't want to stay on it and do the ricer flyby thing so I hung back a bit and followed a few cars behind to see if he might be game..

So a few minutes later we are about to cross the intersection to get on the interstate on-ramp and sure enough, he gets on the ramp with me right behind him. Right away he romps up the ramp at WOT so I pursue at 1/2 throttle. Once on the interstate the Mach slows way down probably to 40 MPH or so so we can line up.....I was a little nervous because I was already a little high RPM for third gear, but he lets it rip and getting a little jump. I had no problem whatsoever immediately gaining the lead and walking away at a good clip. I let off at around 120 MPH or so, probably damn near the top of 4th gear. I had probably 1 1/2 cars on him although I can't say for sure because I was too busy driving. I let off the gas and he goes flying by haha.

So anyways I get home and find out these Mach I Mustangs are pretty potent compared to the GT model. They have a DOHC 4.6L motor, rated at 305 HP, and run the quarter low 13s at 105-106 MPH. They weigh barely any more than the CSRT at about 3300 lbs....Seems like the Mach shouldn't have had a problem pulling away but I'll be damned if this CSRT shines at high speed roll races. I gotta admit though, that Mach I sounded bad ---:evil:

Xtrempickup
04-18-2010, 05:51 PM
machs have no probably cutting 12s in the 1/4

TurboII
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
csrt have know problem pulling on one from a roll HAHAHAHA sick man

Spraynlog
04-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Nice kill on the mudstain!:thumb: THe CSRT has to be a huge sleeper, not many around, but lots of regular Calibers.

iTurbo
04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah there are a ton of Calibers everywhere I go. But I still haven't seen another CSRT since I bought mine about a year ago. So far I only have the Mopar S1, but am not really interested in doing a whole lot else to the car anytime soon. I gotta work on my old turbo mopars so they can keep up with it.

3Bar_Mopar
04-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I was pretty even with a Mach a friend has....he's got some LOUD exhaust and long tubes...can't remember the brand. We did a few pulls and he was right with me and even slightly pulling on the 2nd run, which kind of surprised me since I can pretty much yank a GT. I didn't know they had a different engine.

Nice kill! Sounds like your CSRT rolls out!

trbowgn
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Nice Kill, Highway runs from a roll is where all the disadvantages of FWD and small engine are negated. You didn't have to wait to get in the revs or lose traction like you would have from a dig. I always know my cars can handle a car that is close to a second faster in the 1/4 if we run from a 35mph role.

bris09
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
40 mph was a bad spot for him to try and race you. If he was in 2nd he was almost at the end of its range 50-60mph and if he was in 3rd he was way below the power band. I'm going to guess the car was basically stock and he was in 3rd gear. Not trying to take anything away from the CSRT but if he took off in 2nd and then hit 3rd he should have taken off like a shot and not needed to shift again until around 90mph. The reason I say stock is a CAI, intake spacer, H-pipe, and catback puts a 5spd Mach over 300rwhp and around 310-320rwtrq. Another option is it was an automatic which is over half a second slower in the quarter. Option C is he can't drive. Option D is it was a Mach clone, yes its been done and it irritates real Mach 1 owners.

Did you get a look at the fender? If it had the tribar with pony it was an 03, if it was circular with a pony it was an 04.

iTurbo
04-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Well I'm going to vote option E, which is my CSRT is faster on the highway than the Mach.:D

But seriously I'm pretty sure the car was manual and probably had stock exhaust. If I see him out again I'll try to get more info.

dds78910
04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Good job, sounds like fun! You have been doing alot street racing with that thing lately.

Spraynlog
04-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Well I'm going to vote option E, which is my CSRT is faster on the highway than the Mach.:D

But seriously I'm pretty sure the car was manual and probably had stock exhaust. If I see him out again I'll try to get more info.Didn't I read somewhere that Cindy had a CSRT that put out 307 WHP with just stage one and a downpipe? It really is too bad the CSRT only sold less than 1000 units!
I'd be picking one up used for sure, but they are rare items.:(

JamesL
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that Cindy had a CSRT that put out 307 WHP with just stage one and a downpipe? It really is too bad the CSRT only sold less than 1000 units!

Yup! Thought I had the dyno sheet on this computer...must still be on the dyno computer.

iTurbo
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that Cindy had a CSRT that put out 307 WHP with just stage one and a downpipe? It really is too bad the CSRT only sold less than 1000 units!

I was looking at a registry some people are putting together on another forum and it looks like total production is more like 5-6000 units. I was going to buy a nice used NSRT but found out it was easier for me to get financing for a new car. It also helped that it was early '09 at the time and they were really trying to unload the '08 models at that point. There are probably some really good deals on the left-over '09 CSRTs right about now though.

TurboII
04-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Every one hates on my boys caliber. I just laugh and say dont talk if you dont know what its all about. Some call it a minivan, ugly, who would drive such a thing, grocery getter. While they drive es300, mustangs, etc... Es300 is my other friend and boy sh!t gets expensive quick when "trying" to make them fast. MY boys caliber lost to three cars a 350 modded, mustang on nos, and a turbo s2000, besides my other boy with the cobalt. And he was stock when he raced those 3 cars

Joey

Spraynlog
04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I was looking at a registry some people are putting together on another forum and it looks like total production is more like 5-6000 units. I was going to buy a nice used NSRT but found out it was easier for me to get financing for a new car. It also helped that it was early '09 at the time and they were really trying to unload the '08 models at that point. There are probably some really good deals on the left-over '09 CSRTs right about now though.I looked around online for fun, and I found a '08 with 200 miles on it, silver color for $19,995. It is about 50 miles away in Salem, Oregon. I couldn't find one here in Portland. I would think the price would be a bit lower, I mean it is almost a 3 year old vehicle now.:confused2: I got the "less than a thousand" number off AllPar, probably incorrect.

iTurbo
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
You might try Dave Smith Motors. I got mine there in May '09. It was fully loaded and MSRP was ~$28,500 but I got it for $19,900 right off the showroom floor.

Mario
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I see quite a few around here....but then again this is Detroit.

Nice story.

Spraynlog
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
You might try Dave Smith Motors. I got mine there in May '09. It was fully loaded and MSRP was ~$28,500 but I got it for $19,900 right off the showroom floor.I looked at Dave Smith, they didn't have any.