PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Shelby Lancer (or Lancer Shelby)

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I've come to the conclusion that I want an excellent (near mint) SL to replace the one I had (#749, it got crushed by a dump truck while parked).

If you have one thats NICE that you want to sell then PM me. The closer to MD the better.

Auto prefered, 5-speed ok too. SL prefered - LS considered!

Oh and I know there are a few on AutoTrader... I am looking into those.

Frank
06-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Finally someone is getting a TM again.... no dump trucks this time now!

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Finally someone is getting a TM again.... no dump trucks this time now!

Dump Truck 1 - Shelby Lancer 0

For those who haven't seen it, I will attach pics of my "custom lowering job".

If you really wanna feel bad, this car had 53k original miles and ALL the shelby items.

Frank
06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
this car had 53k original miles and ALL the shelby items.

And it still does!

looneytuner
06-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't suppose the remote cd player still works. If you can find the pieces. When did this happen?

r00tcause
06-06-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't suppose the remote cd player still works. If you can find the pieces. When did this happen?

Actually it did, but its all gone now. This was about 10 months ago.

Dave
06-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Great Scott! :eyebrows: That was you who had their car smashed by the truck. Ahhhh man that sucks!

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Great Scott! :eyebrows: That was you who had their car smashed by the truck. Ahhhh man that sucks!

Yeah. :(

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 01:46 AM
And it still does!

Not true, I took the steering wheel and all of the wheel caps. :)

Whorse
06-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Wow, if that happened to my lebaron and it wasn't my fault I would probably end up doing something rash out of pure anger. Just something about it happening to a rare car with so many NS1 parts. If it was just a regular nice 5.0 mustang (if there is such a thing) then well, that's all it is, but a nice SL would have my eyes burning.

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Wow, if that happened to my lebaron and it wasn't my fault I would probably end up doing something rash out of pure anger. Just something about it happening to a rare car with so many NS1 parts. If it was just a regular nice 5.0 mustang (if there is such a thing) then well, that's all it is, but a nice SL would have my eyes burning.

Obviously I wasn't happy. As far as who was at fault... the car was parked and I wasn't even there when it happened. It had a crack in the windshield so I took it to a windshield replacement shop. That is the windshield repair parking lot in the pic. Needless to say, I never got my new windshield.

Clay
06-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Did you find out who did it? and did insurance take care of you or screw you?

GLHSKEN
06-07-2006, 08:10 AM
I have one that's been sitting for 3 years now. Needs paint and has the standard front of the rear wheel well rust issue. Other than that it is 100% intact (yes center caps as well) leather (good condition) auto car. Purrs like a kitten.

Clay
06-07-2006, 08:13 AM
yeah I know Ken! You got that car for a song, and I STILL want it!

GLHSKEN
06-07-2006, 08:15 AM
No way it's going for even a song and a dance. Even have the complete Dex 77. No hurry, Biding my time. Might go for paint this summer. Not sure.

Even # matching block and trans!!!

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I have one that's been sitting for 3 years now. Needs paint and has the standard front of the rear wheel well rust issue. Other than that it is 100% intact (yes center caps as well) leather (good condition) auto car. Purrs like a kitten.

If you have any interest in selling, Id like to see pics, more details on the rust, and whats the mileage?

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Did you find out who did it? and did insurance take care of you or screw you?

Absolutely. It was the company across the street from the windshield place. I never met the loser who ran it over, but his buddies were telling me he was all like "it was like that already, I didnt do that". Riiight.. I drove it there like that.

FYI this is how he did it... he was making a right turn and he judged the angle SO POORLY that his right back wheels literally rolled OVER my entire cars rearend... hence why it is crushed in the way it is.

How did this guy get a CDL? ^^

They company paid me in full off the record. The insurance was never even involved.

LynX853
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
you wouldnt happen to have the front header panel and bumper laying around or know anyone who has one that their willing to sell do you? cause im looking for one..

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 03:16 PM
you wouldnt happen to have the front header panel and bumper laying around or know anyone who has one that their willing to sell do you? cause im looking for one..

For anyone asking, this car is gone, I dont have anything.

midohiomoparsource
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Get ahold of Dallas in MO.
MO Ebody man I believe is his name.

Not sure if he is on here, but I Know he is on TD.com
He is the guy who was selling all the Shelby cars a few years ago.

Last fall he still had his Shelby Lancer. Not sure what number or miles, but I know it had less then 80,000 I think.
VERY NICE car, all original except dash plaque.

He may have sold it already, have to find out.
It was a 5 speed/cloth car.

What a shame on your SL, my wife and I both love them and think they are one of the nicest Shelby cars made in an all around package.

Good luck with your search.

Matt

r00tcause
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Get ahold of Dallas in MO.
MO Ebody man I believe is his name.

Not sure if he is on here, but I Know he is on TD.com
He is the guy who was selling all the Shelby cars a few years ago.

Last fall he still had his Shelby Lancer. Not sure what number or miles, but I know it had less then 80,000 I think.
VERY NICE car, all original except dash plaque.

He may have sold it already, have to find out.
It was a 5 speed/cloth car.

What a shame on your SL, my wife and I both love them and think they are one of the nicest Shelby cars made in an all around package.

Good luck with your search.

Matt

I think he sold it. Last post on that for sale thread said a guy deposited money for it.

FYI, I know about it because I did a search for lancers for 6 months back to see whats been for sale and what prices they were going for. His car was perfect but it appears to be gone. If not I would love to buy it.

I have had a few people respond but so far the car is either reall ynot very good at all, or is "pretty good" and overpriced. (there are SL's on autotrader *right now* that are in the same condition and a lot less $) I haven't found "the one" so far.

Frank
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Thread closed per the request of the r00tcause... believe he found a car.