PDA

View Full Version : Electronics: WTB: Wiring harness

Mysterio
04-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm trying to clean up the electronics in my car and there's lots of brittle wires or wires that are stretched tight or barely connected so I'm looking to buy a wiring harness that is chopped up already but has the majority of things left. The most important pieces of it I need are the pigtails for the intake temp sensor and the coolant temp sensor. Lemme know what you've got, or if you've got pigtails for those to get rid of for cheap.

roachjuice
04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm trying to clean up the electronics in my car and there's lots of brittle wires or wires that are stretched tight or barely connected so I'm looking to buy a wiring harness that is chopped up already but has the majority of things left. The most important pieces of it I need are the pigtails for the intake temp sensor and the coolant temp sensor. Lemme know what you've got, or if you've got pigtails for those to get rid of for cheap.

the type of car your dealing with might help.

Mysterio
04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
the type of car your dealing with might help.

Haha I suppose I did forget that important bit of info. It's an 87 charger. Sorry guys :)

Mysterio
04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
I just realized I completly posted this in the wrong section. If a mod sees this just delete the thread lol. It's all kinds of fail. I'll make a new one later.

supercrackerbox
04-16-2010, 12:26 PM
The coolant sensor pigtail can be purchased at most parts stores if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Mysterio
04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
The coolant sensor pigtail can be purchased at most parts stores if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Good deal thanks for the info. I didn't think they'd carry something like that.

supercrackerbox
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Yep. As for the intake temp pigtail, it depends on which sensor you have. I've seen ones that are the same connector as the coolant sensor, in which case another of those pigtails will work. The other style is similar, but has squared slots in it. I don't know if that can be ordered or not but I would imagine it can. A decent parts guy should be able to look it up in thier supplier catalogs and find out.

Xtrempickup
04-16-2010, 05:50 PM
i have a full complete 86 Lbody charger turbo harness if that interesting you