PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade 1987 CSX #76

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
I can't believe I'm doing this, BUT I feel like I'm not treating this car like it deserves to be treated, and I'd rather have an un-numbered car to play with than a numbered car that I feel guilty daily driving.

The good about the car:
1987 Shelby CSX #76
- All Shelby items intact except for windshield sticker (see below) and Mobil1 sticker
- Just under 170K miles, but motor rebuilt approximately 40K miles ago (by previous owner) with JE Forged Pistons and a Forged TII Crank
- Mopar Performance Logic Module
- JoeP Manual Boost Controller set to 14psi
- 1G DSM Blow-off Valve
- 2.5" cat-less Exhaust with a Dynomax Bullet muffler
- 1 small rust spot in the driver's floorboard, otherwise the body and chassis is rust-free
- On Centurion IIs that have been stripped and are ready to be polished and cleared
- Daily driven for the past 9 months since I purchased in Chicago and drove back home.

The bad:
- Front seats are ripped, as is typical for these cars. I do have another CSX with very good seats that I could swap out if this is a deal breaker.
- Windshield is VERY cracked in one line from driver's side to passenger side. In states with an inspection, this will have to be replaced.
- Paint is rough on the roof and hatch lid
- Turbo is beginning to whine and will soon need replacing. I have a Garrett T3 that was rebuilt about 2500 miles ago that came off my old Omni and has no shaft play that could be swapped.
- Car has started running quite rich in the past 2 months and sucks down gas like crazy (avg 15mpg), but strangely still still runs quite well, and especially well when you get on it (it's not rich in boost, just at cruise) I'm going to check the fuel pressure tomorrow, and I have a 3-wire O2 sensor waiting to go in it, I just haven't had a chance to do it yet.
- Power Steering leak, partially due to a broken ear on the mounting bracket. Honestly, an easy fix, I just haven't gotten one yet.

OK, what I'm looking for is one of 3 or 4 different models/cars. I'd like a Lancer Shelby (preferably non-numbered) or Lebaron, a T-II Daytona, a T-II Shelby Charger or (and I'd love one of these) a Spirit R/T. This is a daily driver for me, and whatever I would trade for would also need to be a daily driver as well. I'd like to see this go to somebody who wants a numbered car and wants to restore it, though it wouldn't really be up to me.

If interested, please post or PM me. Thanks.

GLHS592
12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
I'll trade you a 1985 Dodge Ram big block for it. :)

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Nice try. I need a daily DRIVER. Not a wallet siphon.

:)

bradp
12-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey, thats my old car. It was owned by
1) Vince Hill
2) Frank Palin (good friend)
3) Brad Pennington (me)
4) Rylan Jensen

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Yep, I think you said it was Frank that rebuilt the motor, right?

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Been a while since I've seen that car, but I remember it being pretty decent... All I have for trade that fits your criteria is an '88 Shelby Z that would need a drivetrain tho :(

mo' parts
12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
i hope these kind of deals are still around in a couple months:( how's the rust?

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 06:48 PM
There is one area of rust on the driver's side floorpan. Literally the rest of the underside is rustless. Weird... :)

JT, you're somewhat responsible for me having gotten this car. It's a great little car, I just want another toy that's not numbered.

Mike_Shepard
12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
This is what you need adam

bradp
12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Yep, I think you said it was Frank that rebuilt the motor, right?

Yes, I think he did, but Cliff Ramsdell may have rebuilt the motor for it. I know Cliffy built one for either his GLH or for the CSX or both.

mo' parts
12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
This is what you need adam
yea, i know....one day. LOL
if only my shelby z was a daily driver...soon it will be:)

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2005, 10:42 PM
There is one area of rust on the driver's side floorpan. Literally the rest of the underside is rustless. Weird... :)

JT, you're somewhat responsible for me having gotten this car. It's a great little car, I just want another toy that's not numbered.

Is that by where the parking brake cable goes thru the floor?

lol.. yeah, I remember hooking you up with Rylan :thumb:

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Yep, that's exactly where it is. I guess that would explain it.

mo' parts
01-03-2006, 02:02 PM
PM sent

Turbodave
01-04-2006, 01:41 AM
I remember that car, I put the 2.5" exhaust under it. Not a bad car from what I remember.

GLHS592
01-04-2006, 08:24 AM
I've worked on it a few times too. I'd love to own it if I didn't already own too many cars.

1quik4
04-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Did you get rid of this?? If not, how much for it??

GLHS592
04-26-2006, 07:06 AM
He got rid of it.

riceboyler
04-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah, like an idiot, I traded for this POS Lancer Shelby.

I should have listed to Kevin and ClockTowerSniper who told me to forget about it. At least the turbo went out of it after I traded it. That makes me feel a little better. But not much...

bradp
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
That may very well have been the original turbo. Unless someone after me replaced it.