PDA

View Full Version : AutoX - Eugene, OR

Ground Rat
06-04-2006, 11:06 PM
So I autoxed for the first time today, in my minivan. I even ended up winning my class. I haven't had this much fun in a long time, and everyone loved my van, lol. There was also a VNT CSX out yesterday that was doing pretty well. I didn't get to talk to the owner very long but he said it was pretty close to stock. I was impressed with their car, and especially by his daughter driving it about 2 seconds faster than him, hahaha. Hopefully I'll have some pics up soon.

:D

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Sounds like fun! Glad you had a good time :thumb:

Yeah, I heard she can drive quite well ;)

Sherri007
06-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey there! I'm that daughter. :) What class was your mini running in (morning or afternoon)? Were you a novice? If so, did you do the novice course walk? Glad to hear you had such a good time out today. Hopefully we will see you at more of the events... are you local to the Eugene/Springfield area?

My dad and I raced both days. I ended up beating him the entire weekend! Isn't that sweet!? I'll post up the times once they get them up on their site. I did extremely well on Saturday, Sunday was a different story... but I had to race in the rain as well..lol.

Next time you are out, be sure to hunt me and my dad down and introduce yourself.

Until later,

Ground Rat
06-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Hey there! I'm that daughter. :) What class was your mini running in (morning or afternoon)? Were you a novice? If so, did you do the novice course walk? Glad to hear you had such a good time out today. Hopefully we will see you at more of the events... are you local to the Eugene/Springfield area?

My dad and I raced both days. I ended up beating him the entire weekend! Isn't that sweet!? I'll post up the times once they get them up on their site. I did extremely well on Saturday, Sunday was a different story... but I had to race in the rain as well..lol.

Next time you are out, be sure to hunt me and my dad down and introduce yourself.

Until later,

I raced novice/sport truck on Sunday afternoon. I kind of missed the novice course walk because I got there at the last minute, lol. It was easy to figure out though. I was also out spectating on Saturday and talked to your dad for a second. My brother ran novice in his 740 turbo volvo Saturday. I ran a best of 48.83 in my minivan. I'm going to try to make it to the hill climb in Oakridge to watch; will you be racing?

I just moved to Eugene in Feb from Maryland and have been trying to get into the car scene out here. I meet up with the local car guys on Friday and Saturday nights (if it's nice out) at the Target on W11th. I've also been up to Woodburn a couple of times. It doesn't seem like there are many TD people in our area? BTW my name is Keith.

looneytuner
06-05-2006, 11:00 AM

Until later,
Talk about a lucky guy, just moved in area and meets the legend AND her dad:)

BadAssPerformance
06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
...the legend AND her dad:)

wow, 'legend' status :thumb:

looneytuner
06-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Naw just teasing . Her dad is the legend. ;)

Ground Rat
06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Sweet, I met a legend. :D

2.216VTurbo
06-06-2006, 02:35 AM
I have a cousin in Central Point that has an 86 GLHS-he was supposed to go to your Auto X but had fuel issues:(

Ground Rat
06-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Here's a short clip, lol.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/afe02662-f87e-441d-920a-9aff31570288.htm

Sherri007
06-12-2006, 02:51 AM
You look good in the video... for driving a mini.. ;)