PDA

View Full Version : General: Parting out 92 IROC R/T

martin kolner
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Due to financial problems (divorce,mortgage on 3 houses,2 speeding tickets in one day and 3 DUIs in 2 years) that have recently reared their ugly head I am forced to part out my 18K mile original T3 car. I know what you are thinking: why not sell it whole? Because I do not have the title to it as the car was stolen (no damage done other than a small dent in the roof) and I got it back but the police would not release the title as it was a salvage car with a lien on it through a third party and after the divorce the ex managed to walk off with the legal rights and now I'm stuck with a car I can't sell. That's the last time I put a car title in someone else's name for sure. So I figure I'll just part it and keep the cash to pay off the bank and the legal fees. If I can't sell this stuff in one week it's off to the crusher! Oh well my loss is your gain.

motor 252.00 will not ship.... local pickup only

seats 105.00/pair

any sheet metal panel 28.00

any lamp (headlamp,tail lamp,etc.) 23.00 each

wiring harness complete no cuts 32.00

floor 51.00 (I can probably ship via truck on this)

radio/slave CD player/brackets and cable 41.00

gauge cluster 55.00

any switch 5.50

tranny 75.00

wiring harness 100.00

overhead console works fine 45.00

ground effects 25.00 each

Ninja wheels/caps 175.00 set of 4 no curb rash look new

leather wheel no cracks 60.00

cat converter 25.00

muffler/pipe 32.00

both manifolds/throttle body 55.00

air cleaner,hoses,etc 65.00

radiator/intercooler no leaks 26.50

all AC lines/compressor AC works well 75.00

Car is currently still intact and will begin to part it out on 4-2

e-mail for other items not listed

shipping extra ALL items mint

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/buttdrip/DSCN0021-3-1.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/buttdrip/DSCN0001-2.jpg

tommy
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I'll take the trans let me no shipping 60525

blk86trbo
04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
radio/slave CD player/brackets and cable 41.00

gauge cluster 55.00

overhead console works fine 45.00

I'll take these items...send me a total with shipping to 61360...thanks!

30 PSI SHADOW
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
motor? Is that the long block?? Why part? That car looks brand new!

30 PSI SHADOW
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Ill take the cylinder head complete no manifolds. 200 plus shipping???

30 PSI SHADOW
04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
sorry, 05701

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I will take these most likely depending on shipping
both manifolds/throttle body 55.00

air cleaner,hoses,etc 65.00

all AC lines/compressor AC works well 75.00

Cam & Crank sensors? or do they go with the motor?

i sent you a couple PMs too

135sohc
04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
What day is today... :) Oh thats right :p

Bubba
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM

Dang-it

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 12:46 PM

if thats true this is pretty dang good! lol we will see, if sure i sure jumped in for it

martin kolner
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately I am under some constraints at this time as I now have an ankle monitor thing on and can't leave the house due to a small problem with the police. So will be able to part car in maybe one week. So bear with me on this. Thanks for all the response on this though. Will try to box the stuff up in the meantime.

HPmopars
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Can I buy the whole car? P.M. sent :)

Directconnection
04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Can I buy the whole car? P.M. sent :)

Sell him the whole car, please... here in Maine, if the car is over 20 years old, you don't need a title to title it :thumb:

Your prices are so cheap, I think selling it whole would come out the same for you, plus you won't have to part it....

Unless.... this is your April Fools joke!!!

Chris W
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Too late folks. I just drove the 15 miles to Tempe and picked up the whole car for $850. cash!

Thanks Martin ;)

Chris-TU

Mario
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Chris, if you really bought this, congrats.

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
i hate this i can't tell what if anything is really going on. chris said he bought it 15 mins after the guy last posted?? i would have figured the guy would have known he was coming and not posted that last one if chris really got it but who knows
We shall see

turbovanmanČ
04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Too late folks. I just drove the 15 miles to Tempe and picked up the whole car for $850. cash!

Thanks Martin ;)

Chris-TU

Bastard but I think this is an April fools joke, :o

raccoon
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
better be a joke, it got me, I was all bummed out couldn't even post a comment.

martin kolner
04-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Chris did indeed buy the car. It will go to a good home and finally I can pay off some of the debt I have accumulated. It was a sad day indeed as I watched him drive it off and the nice burn out was a plus too. Too bad that I had to sell it so cheap but cash is cash and that's that. Maybe next time you guys will think better of having joint ownership of property. My ex is now off in Hawaii with some jerk and all I have left is the memories and a ruined credit report along with 3 roommates from hell to help pay off the monthly payments on this dump they call a house.

Chris W
04-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I just happened to be at the airport picking up a customer when I got a call from Andy in Austria. He told me about the car which I have already seen a few times. I know Martin has been going through some rough times with his ex but never imagined it could have gotten this bad. Everytime I called to try and let him know I would be stopping by the phone was busy. He told me his phone was ringing non-stop since he posted it up. I guess that's why he kept selling stuff, until I got there that is. :eyebrows: As I pulled up to his house I saw the car was up on jack stands in the garage with tools scattered all around. As I parked the car he came out of the house with a list of parts he was going to pull. The battery was already on the ground and he was preparing to pull the computer out next. My customer knew nothing about what was going on since I spoke with Andy before I picked him up. He had paid me in cash for the upgrades we installed on his car so I didn't even have to stop at the bank. I made the deal with Martin and we started walking to my car to get the money when he suddenly stopped and ran back to the house. :confused: I look around wondering what was going on. He yells for me to bring the cash inside because he has some bracelet on his leg and he can't go beyond his doorstep otherwise the cops will show up. :confused2: Alrighty then, let's get this thing done... We signed a few docs and the bill of sale, then he threw in 2 boxes full of NOS extras he had gathered up for it. There were decals and small fragile items in one box while the other contained an NOS TIII turbo. Martin is a cool dude. I got to hear about the ex taking off to Hawaii and all. She was even stooping to texting him pictures of her hangin on the beach with her new BF. :mad: Anyway, my customer followed me back to the shop and we just finished going for a test drive in his GLHS. :) I will get the camera out and try to take a few pictures of our new ride later on today.

Chris-TU

PS- Martin was spot on with the condition of the car. The slight dent on the roof is barely visible and it really needs nothing else, except for some new front tires maybe :D

Turbo224
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
If this is real, then this guy is an idiot. If this guy is really in a lot of debt then its because he makes stupid decisions like selling $3000-$4000 in parts for $850! :confused: Good luck paying off all your debt with $850. :rockon:

turbovanmanČ
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
This still feels like a joke. I don't care what kind of desperation your in, you don't sell a car like that for $850, with spares and upgrades, :confused:

spoolinhard
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
bs for sure. Some guy bought a complete hemi charger daytona on another forum today also. Must be the weather...........

Directconnection
04-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I called BS 1st just for the record.

Today, on one of the radio stations... they reported a "Tat's for Tots" service that gives tatoos for 6 month and older babies. I can't believe how niave and stoopit people are calling in an pissed off.

One of the other stations a few years ago fired all their employees (DJs) and replaced them with a robotic sounding voice that would be very insulting in their place. Can't believe how many people were fired up over that!

edit: BTW... Sandra Bullock has been staying with me at my place since last week. I'm shielding her from the press, and what better place to get away from it all than the other end of the states :confused:

MNmopar
04-01-2010, 10:58 PM
This is absolutely bs, I've met Marty and seen that car in person and I'll guarantee he's messing with you guys...

No messy divorce, no ankle monitoring, no money problems, no title problems.

Very nice story though Marty, you had me going for a minute until I saw the prices... I've purchased things from you in the past, you don't discount sh-t...:p

omni_840
04-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I've purchased things from you in the past, you don't discount sh-t...:p

:lol::lol::lol:

Johnny
04-01-2010, 11:09 PM
I thought it was a GREAT joke!!!!
Good one for the day!

spoolinhard
04-02-2010, 12:04 AM
maybe the other iroc r/t part out is a joke also!

Johnny
04-02-2010, 02:07 AM
You never know on a day like today!

martin kolner
04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the PMs and the phone calls on this April Fools ad. I could have sold all this stuff in 1 hour. That is my car and it does have 18K miles on it and is original down to the tires. I played up on the fact that I was in financial trouble (not true but somewhat believable these days),the prices were so low (too good to be true),AND I had a field day since so many people on these forums are parting cars that really shouldn't be parted out. Some were annoyed that I would do this. Rightfully so but over the years some of you will look back on cars you had that could of been saved but were A) worth more in parts than a whole car OR B) not worth saving due to the expense of putting the car back to original at this time. Talk to anyone who had cars in the early to mid 80s when the Hemi and 6 pack cars,etc. went to the crusher and were parted out for the same reasons. The end result is that the few that survive in original condition are often worth quite a bit but it takes time,space and money to do that. It's a tough call and there's lots of cars I wacked in wrecking yards that out here in AZ had NO rust and were complete. I felt bad about it but at the time t-top Daytonas were plentiful along with all the other converts,CSX cars etc. You can't keep everything.

And thanks to Chris over at Turbosunleashed who lives not too far from me. We have met a number of times and done some business. He called up and was freaked out as he has met my wife and was surprised about all the divorce crap. Well I told him it was a joke and he was relieved and then on his own he ran with it and posted that other nonsense about him buying the car dirt cheap,along with the ankle monitor thing plus that I threw in some NOS parts. I nearly peed my pants after that post. I loved the response from people after that hit. Priceless!

One more thing: I actually do have parts for this Daytona but they are NOT off this car. So if you need something I may have it.

blk86trbo
04-02-2010, 11:57 AM
You totally had me until post #8 LOL