PDA

View Full Version : TIII Cals Info gathering thread

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 01:22 AM
So I want to do a cal just basic tweaks for my R/T but i need some place to start.
I have seen that Rob has dissassembled most the code and Wowzer also knows about some of the cal parameters

The main questions i have is we tune mostly with these in 8v cals
Timing:

* AdvanceFromMapWarmFull
* AdvanceFromMapWarmPart
* AdvanceFromRpms

Fuel:

* FuelFullThrottle
* FuelPartThrottle
* PumpingEfficiency
* FuelNoThrottle

Does anyone know what these translate to in the 3d tables? Such as advance from map warm full is the same as "_______________" in such and such 3D table?

And do we know how to adjust the fuel? or Turn off any of the adaptives?

Thanks!
(to wowzer can we add something to the 3D tables so we can see where the cursor is on a readout like the 2D tables have?)-i can submit that in the MPTuner section if you want

ShelGame
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
In the T3, the fuel is setup differently. I mean other than the 3D vs. 2D. In the T3, there is a table for lo-MAP (ie vacuum). With separate tables for P/T and WOT operation. But, there's only 1 table for hi-MAP (in boost) for both P/T and WOT. It's similar for spark. The PumpEff table is gone - that info is combined with the Fuel/MAP tables into the 3Dtable. I made a spreadsheet to 'convert' the table data in the T3 to 2D and vice versa.

The biggest rpoblem with the T3 cal is that the 3D tables do not reference MAP or RPM directly. There is a re-scale table that these signals go thru first. The result is that the range for the 3D tabels is limited. RPM only goes from ~600rpm to 6200rpm, and MAP from -12psi to 12.5psi (over 2 tables). Plus, the slope is not constant - this is difficult to explain - but the result is to concentrate the 3D tables at the vacuum and low rpm ranges.

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 09:26 AM
ok that clarifys a bit more of what I've read in other threads of yours but, i know it is difficult to do but do you know the names of the tables that you would change to modify WOT in boost Timing and WOT in boost fuel?

I am more interested in the timing as i can't keep the car from knocking and i think it might be do to some sharp edges and higher compression, that i hope to remedy with timing.

Also what are the plans/purposes for the spreadsheet that converts the 3D to 2D and such? Were you going to make a 2D cal for these?

ShelGame
04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
A 2D cal for the T3's? I made one for Simon's 2.5 T3 - it's posted here somewhere.

Actually, I was hoping to make a stripped-down, race-only type 3D cal for the T1/T2 (for both SMEC and SBEC). But, that's a ways off, for sure. I need to finish converting the T3 cal to a template for MP Tuner first. And, figure out a good way to make it work with a 3-bar or 4-bar MAP.

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Ok do you or anyone know what tables on the TIII cal control the timing under boost in WOT? I just want to retard it a few degrees to eliminate my knock.

Anyone Ever looked at a aftermarket or modded cal for these?

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
or could you post your spreadsheet that will show me the "equivalent" table in the 3D stuff. It looks like you know how it works but not sure on the best way to tweak it. I just want to experiment a bit

ShelGame
04-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Which T3 cal/tbl are you looking at? I think the names are pretty self-explanatory in the table file I posted a while back. It's in the repository here. Though, it's not compatible with MP Tuner...

wowzer
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
did you ever see this post? don't know if it will help at all. You need to rename the table to the same name as the "simon" bin file.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629490&postcount=189

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok yes i have the updated table working in MPTuner but there are multiple things that adjust timing according to boost and RPM i just don't know which ones to start with
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/T3.jpg

which of all those advance ones is similar to the advanceFromWarmFull

ShelGame
04-01-2010, 02:01 PM
The advance modifier you have shown is a multiplier. I know how it works in the 2D code, but not so clear in the 3D.

The main timing tables are:

"PartThrottleLowMAPTiming"
"PartThrottleHiMAPTiming"
"FullThrottleHiMAPTiming"

1BADVAN
04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
ok thanks i just was looking fo things starting with advance so i will check those out thanks!

wowzer
04-06-2010, 11:25 PM
1badvan - i'd recommend you upgrade to the newest version of mptuner. you're a couple updates behind, including one or two dealing specifically with 3d table stuff!!