PDA

View Full Version : 96 breeze 2.0. morning start problem?

TurboII
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
So, since about a year ago or so, i noticed when you start the car in the morning the car has a nasty misfire. chugs, chugs....and then 5 sec later the car runs fine like nothing happened. so i got to thinking.......i noticed a snapped bolt on the intake manifold, found dry rotted elbow hoses going into the TB, noticed tb and intake manny coated with carbon build up. So, i took it all apart and clean it all up. changed valve cover gasket, and tune up. car ran 100 times better. But i still have this weired "morning sickness" problem. i hooked up my scanner and every thing reads fine, but i noticed my tps sensor says 12% at closed throttle and 74% at full throttle....so im like HUH:confused:. so to check to see if i was right i hooked up the scanner to my sisters taurus. at closed throttle she read 16% at wot its 90% :confused: are my sisters car and my car have bad TPS or am i going crazy!.....

So, what is the reading for
MAP....at idle
tps....at idle.
iac...at idle

Joey

TurboII
04-05-2010, 01:52 PM
So, doing more and more research i kept stumbling on this software update. It reflex on the JA/JX
body (which is what i have). The symptoms are car runs like poop for one min and then runs fine all day like nothing happened. This requires updates for the computer? My pcm has never had either one of these updates because their is know sticker saying so on my pcm. Do dealer still do these for being such and older car? or can i socket my pcm?

Joey

JDAWG
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
dealer can do it

TurboII
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM
okay cool

"Top Fuel" Bender
04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
my wife's '99 neon dohc 2.0 neon used to do this when the weather changed hot day/cold night

ask Mike Marra I think he knew what it was contraption

TurboII
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
my wife's '99 neon dohc 2.0 neon used to do this when the weather changed hot day/cold night

ask Mike Marra I think he knew what it was contraption

Mike Marra: is he on this forum

ShelbyTurbo
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Lol, my R/T does this as well.

Meh, I shrug it off, as it goes away as soon as I make it down the driveway. It only does this on wet mornings as well.

Probably has something to do with the blown out connector on my ignition coil, I would take a look at that if it really bothers you.

And yeah, Marra is here.